+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Good game, good game

Good game, good game

So who had a good game v. Blackpool? I'm not that interested in who didn't because that's just negative.
    I was impressed with: 1. Ryan Lowe - who is a great captain. He's vocal, encouraging, damned athletic and leads by example; 2. George Cooper - what a revelation these last few games (note to any scouts - he's rubbish, stay away); 3. Zooms Bakayogo - who is revelling in the responsibilities he's been given and, without Alex K., was trying to do both jobs on the wing; 4. and 5. Bingham and Ainley - where fresh legs and drive seemed to pick up the whole forward movement.
    There's a long way to go, and lots of form to dip and rise, but the team seems to be so much more, well, a team, than the last two seasons.
    Bring on Wycombe and then Mansfield.
    COYRs

Agree with your comments but I was very worried about the way Ben kept rushing out of his area and made a hash of clearing the ball . Is SD trying to get him playing like Pep at City wants his keepers to do. Not being negative but Danny Hollands and Charlie Kirk were very poor and when replaced the team became a complete unit and attacked more.

Yesterday was really enjoyable, the atmosphere at Gresty Road was the best in absolute ages, even with us behind to an own goal.
    Disagree about Holland and Kirk, thought they did fine. Charlie obviously lacks a bit of confidence, but, with him on the pitch we had the ball in the back of the net, hit the post, and had a good shout for a penalty.
    However Callum did well and Billy Bingham was fantastic when he came on.
    Ben's distribution and decision making and communication are certainly his weak points, good job he is such a fantastic shot stopper.
    You would think that some coaching would have sorted out the other probs ....we are Crewe after all!

Good to be able to look forward to games once more.
    COY reds!

I though Kirk looked bright and fairly confident, I'd just say he needs another six months of experience under his belt. He didn't seem like he was a wide midfielder either, does he play there for the young sides?

Hollands is a frustrating player, he's quite effective at breaking up the play, but he has a habbit of missing tackles and leaving us exposed.

The big plus for me was how effective Cooper is becoming at crafting chances and that Jones is looking really accomplished in the centre of the park. Those two could have a really bright future.

Good that people have different perceptions and opinions. Personally I thought Kirk was dire and Hollands only passed backwards - and nearly cost us a goal with a sloppy pass, which Davis cleared off the line.

The whole first half was quite poor, Zooms and Cooper aside who were very good throughout. Second half started slowly but credit to Davis his substitutions changed the game. Ainley and Bingham were excellent and brought us to life - from there we bossed the game completely.

Lowe was unlucky with his shot clipping the post - I was right in line with it and the 'keeper wouldn't have saved it. Incredible cross from Cooper for the goal...I don't mind admitting that I was wrong about him - his progress this season has been a real high point.

A draw was fair, and good to see that our defence coped with their two big lads well, especially in the 2nd half.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Crew View Post
    Good that people have different perceptions and opinions. Personally I thought Kirk was dire and Hollands only passed backwards - and nearly cost us a goal with a sloppy pass, which Davis cleared off the line.

The whole first half was quite poor, Zooms and Cooper aside who were very good throughout. Second half started slowly but credit to Davis his substitutions changed the game. Ainley and Bingham were excellent and brought us to life - from there we bossed the game completely.

Lowe was unlucky with his shot clipping the post - I was right in line with it and the 'keeper wouldn't have saved it. Incredible cross from Cooper for the goal...I don't mind admitting that I was wrong about him - his progress this season has been a real high point.

A draw was fair, and good to see that our defence coped with their two big lads well, especially in the 2nd half.
    I agree with most of this. I thought it was a very poor first half where the Pool obvious and basic tactic was not being countered well, mainly due to our poor set-up to combat it and the wrong choice of one or two personnel. For me the 1st half was woeful, however the 2nd half improved and the last 30 was exciting and passionate.

Too many under-performed, the whole spine in my view. Davis was wrong choice v giant. Guthrie scored a shocker, described as a slight deflection !! Hollands and Jones were poor, as were the strikers. We deserved a point but Pool were not good imo. Need to be smarter I think, teams will see giants and long ping is our undoing.

Tactics,tactics. We played a high line against pool and wycombe = wrong!! We need a deeper line for these teams and need to stretch them to open them up