+ Visit Scotland Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 60

Thread: Scotland was lied too.

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,739
    Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    Im sure Slamon and Sturgeon tried to give a pretty good account of how Scotland would be the land of milk and honey post independence....unless it was just an opinion.
    Yet another NO myth,I don't know any Yes voter who thinks everything will suddenly turn into Milk and honey with Independence,all we want is the chance to take charge of our own affairs warts and all it's nothing to do with the S.N.P,Salmond or Sturgeon.Who knows you can even vote your beloved Tories in Post Independence if it ever happens.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    27,668
    Quote Originally Posted by spameater1 View Post
    Yet another NO myth,I don't know any Yes voter who thinks everything will suddenly turn into Milk and honey with Independence,all we want is the chance to take charge of our own affairs warts and all it's nothing to do with the S.N.P,Salmond or Sturgeon.Who knows you can even vote your beloved Tories in Post Independence if it ever happens.

    My my beloved Tories

    Slamon and Sturgeon painted a picture of a land paved with gold and couldnt answer the simplest questions on the economy like which currency we would use and what it would be linked to.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,739
    Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    My my beloved Tories

    Slamon and Sturgeon painted a picture of a land paved with gold and couldnt answer the simplest questions on the economy like which currency we would use and what it would be linked to.
    I don't recall Salmond or Sturgeon painting this picture you claim,yes there were questions they couldn't answer because it's never happened before.I like to think that we've enough brains and clever people in oor wee country to make a go of it.Stop being such a big Feartie take a step into the unknown.A bit of uncertainty can sometimes be exciting.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,820
    The poster Taintedice was right I got a bit frustrated and indulged in name calling for that I apologize. Lets see if we can have a mature discussion on the pro's and con's of Scottish Independence you up for that ?.

    I suppose the only place to start is ..I think Scotland has all it needs to be a successful Independent country and I honestly think Independence would make this a better and fairer country for all generations to come.

    Do you ?

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    3,020
    Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    The poster Taintedice was right I got a bit frustrated and indulged in name calling for that I apologize. Lets see if we can have a mature discussion on the pro's and con's of Scottish Independence you up for that ?.

    I suppose the only place to start is ..I think Scotland has all it needs to be a successful Independent country and I honestly think Independence would make this a better and fairer country for all generations to come.

    Do you ?
    Would you like to borrow my 'tumbleweed' gif?

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,820
    Quote Originally Posted by JackSnakes View Post
    Would you like to borrow my 'tumbleweed' gif?
    Think I may need to take you up on your kind offer.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12,263
    I think there's enough folk here to keep a discussion going, so why don't we. It won't be frenetic or furious, just a slow-burning thing.

    Like independence

    Genuinely don't ever see it happening, I have two friends I've known all my life, passionate about the national team, passionate about Scotland, I was totally gutted they voted No, thought I'd never speak to them again. But when I listened to what they had to say, rationally, I couldn't hold anything against them. Alec Salmond was a total disaster for the independence movement, friends with Trump, 600k jollies to America with his tartan trews, telling everyone what he wanted them to hear, probably cost the Yes vote thousands of votes. Sturgeon is a different kettle of fish , but she has a long way to go as well. Seriously, how many SNP MPs/MSPs are capable of running the various departments an independent Scotland would have. Who is the diplomat, who is the strategist, who knows the economy, I'm not seeing anyone.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    27,668
    The posters on here who bang on about 'wastemonster, MSM' etc etc and continually quote wingsoversomerset, business for Scotland and the national as sources of information, do the independence argument no favours at all.

    I just cannot take them seriously.

    Salmond wanted independence....but wanted the economy to be tied to RUK? Some independence.

    When the oil price crashed 'it was just a bonus anyway'? The SNP will say and do ANYTHING that might get independence and will contemplate nothing else, even if it's not in the best interests of Scotland.

    No free debate and opinions are allowed in the SNP, it's a dictatorship.

    They want independence...but want to be tied to the EU?

    If the independence brigade on here started looking at the SNP's record in governing Scotland I'd have some respect for them. Everything is not 'wastemonster's' fault.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,820
    Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    The posters on here who bang on about 'wastemonster, MSM' etc etc and continually quote wingsoversomerset, business for Scotland and the national as sources of information, do the independence argument no favours at all.

    I just cannot take them seriously.

    Salmond wanted independence....but wanted the economy to be tied to RUK? Some independence.

    When the oil price crashed 'it was just a bonus anyway'? The SNP will say and do ANYTHING that might get independence and will contemplate nothing else, even if it's not in the best interests of Scotland.

    No free debate and opinions are allowed in the SNP, it's a dictatorship.

    They want independence...but want to be tied to the EU?

    If the independence brigade on here started looking at the SNP's record in governing Scotland I'd have some respect for them. Everything is not 'wastemonster's' fault.
    So where do you get your info from Noah ?? The Daily Mail ? Expres? BBC ? The Tories and the British establishment ? have you ever once considered it may be them that's bullsh1ting you ? or do you think they are tell you the undeniable truth !! ?. you totally rubbish any alternative view but are happy to take the Daily Mail et al seriously !!!


    The Yes/Indy movement are NOT the SNP although the SNP are the driving force. Your blind hatred for one political party had totally closed your mind. You can still hate the SNP and want Independence its OK !! there are thousands in that position

    The Yes side did over concentrate on Oil in the last referendum. When they should have promoted Scotlands diversity which is on a par with rUK when oil/gas is excluded. So looking it like that Oil and Gas is indeed something extra.

    What ever you think of the SNP record in its governance of Scotland it seems the people trust them or they would not have elected them for the last nine years. And they have done this with very limited powers we sent 56 MPs to WM. Again it seems obvious your problem lies with the SNP and not Independence per say. Please remember the SNP are only viable the vehicle to get us there a means to an end.

    The UKs main argument is we are really not equipped in any way to go it alone thats a feckin insult to you and me Noah and the people of Scotland !

    And finally do you really think its in Scotlands best interests to be ruled by another country with a totally different set of values and priorities ? Or perhaps we're really too stupid and wee and so feckin usless to look after ourselves. I don't and never will accept that.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,739
    Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    So where do you get your info from Noah ?? The Daily Mail ? Expres? BBC ? The Tories and the British establishment ? have you ever once considered it may be them that's bullsh1ting you ? or do you think they are tell you the undeniable truth !! ?. you totally rubbish any alternative view but are happy to take the Daily Mail et al seriously !!!


    The Yes/Indy movement are NOT the SNP although the SNP are the driving force. Your blind hatred for one political party had totally closed your mind. You can still hate the SNP and want Independence its OK !! there are thousands in that position

    The Yes side did over concentrate on Oil in the last referendum. When they should have promoted Scotlands diversity which is on a par with rUK when oil/gas is excluded. So looking it like that Oil and Gas is indeed something extra.

    What ever you think of the SNP record in its governance of Scotland it seems the people trust them or they would not have elected them for the last nine years. And they have done this with very limited powers we sent 56 MPs to WM. Again it seems obvious your problem lies with the SNP and not Independence per say. Please remember the SNP are only viable the vehicle to get us there a means to an end.

    The UKs main argument is we are really not equipped in any way to go it alone thats a feckin insult to you and me Noah and the people of Scotland !

    And finally do you really think its in Scotlands best interests to be ruled by another country with a totally different set of values and priorities ? Or perhaps we're really too stupid and wee and so feckin usless to look after ourselves. I don't and never will accept that.
    Too true Stewarty,Most of the Independence supporters I know don't think everything the S.N.P do is wonderful,they done some good things and some not so good things.As for blaming Wastemonster for everything just listened to Theresa May's speech she made at the Tory Conference and if she actually delivers what she says she is going to do I'll be the first to take my hat off to her,but can she really take on the big Companies who at the end of the day put zillions in to the Tory Party I have my doubts.See Noah,we don't all play follow my leader.Stereotyping all Independence supporters is like blaming all comedians for Michael McIntyre.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •