+ Visit Scotland Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Scotland was lied too.

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    I post in the style I would talk to you c**** in the pub.

No anger towards anyone putting Scotland's case forward if it's backed up by real facts, not opinions of any biased organisation, but facts. You mostly post the latter in a cut and paste style wee man.

When Slamon said it was a 'once in a lifetime vote' he lied.....and you phuckin know it.

Now, it was 'only an opinion'

If yer looking for reasons why I treat YOU with disdain then look no further and start reading what you post before you make a c*** f yersel yet again.
    Mr Salmond expressed a personal opinion. What he said exactly was:
    [I]"In my opinion, and it is just my opinion, this is a once in a generation opportunity for Scotland."
    Asked if he could pledge not to bring back another referendum if the Yes campaign does not win on Thursday, he said: "That's my view. My view is this is a once in a generation, perhaps even a once in a lifetime, opportunity for Scotland."
    (my bold)
    So, no lies, simply a personal opinion. It could be argued that the way it was stated was to give waverers the impression that this could be their last chance, so persuading them to be bold and vote 'yes' - but whatever way you argue it, it was, as has been amply demonstrated above, simply an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by spameater1 View Post
    Too true Stewarty,Most of the Independence supporters I know don't think everything the S.N.P do is wonderful,they done some good things and some not so good things.As for blaming Wastemonster for everything just listened to Theresa May's speech she made at the Tory Conference and if she actually delivers what she says she is going to do I'll be the first to take my hat off to her,but can she really take on the big Companies who at the end of the day put zillions in to the Tory Party I have my doubts.See Noah,we don't all play follow my leader.Stereotyping all Independence supporters is like blaming all comedians for Michael McIntyre.
    I like Michael McIntyre...and that Geordie lassie, whatever her name is - although I confess I fail to see what is funny about Monty Python - but I thought the Life of Brian was hysterical. I also fail to see why hanging on to England's coat-tails, given the fact that the English themselves are derisory about our desperation to live in their shadow as some snottery nosed beggar with our grasping paws held out, is seen as a better alternative than running your own show. Lessons should be learned by both camps from the 'Brexit' vote, where the English WERE brave enough to ignore the dire financial warnings and took their sovereignty back. It would seem that much (although definitely not all) of the doom and gloom predictions were premature. Was anyone hand-wringing about how poor Britain would be able to survive if it was forced to govern itself? No. The very idea would have been seen as ludicrous.
    Why, then, should a resource-rich nation like Scotland be forever compelled to rely on others to make her decisions for her - to have no voice - to be eternally looking in with her nose pressed up against the sweetie shop window?

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    So where do you get your info from Noah ?? The Daily Mail ? Expres? BBC ? The Tories and the British establishment ? have you ever once considered it may be them that's bullsh1ting you ? or do you think they are tell you the undeniable truth !! ?. you totally rubbish any alternative view but are happy to take the Daily Mail et al seriously !!!

The Yes/Indy movement are NOT the SNP although the SNP are the driving force. Your blind hatred for one political party had totally closed your mind. You can still hate the SNP and want Independence its OK !! there are thousands in that position

The Yes side did over concentrate on Oil in the last referendum. When they should have promoted Scotlands diversity which is on a par with rUK when oil/gas is excluded. So looking it like that Oil and Gas is indeed something extra.

What ever you think of the SNP record in its governance of Scotland it seems the people trust them or they would not have elected them for the last nine years. And they have done this with very limited powers we sent 56 MPs to WM. Again it seems obvious your problem lies with the SNP and not Independence per say. Please remember the SNP are only viable the vehicle to get us there a means to an end.

The UKs main argument is we are really not equipped in any way to go it alone thats a feckin insult to you and me Noah and the people of Scotland !

And finally do you really think its in Scotlands best interests to be ruled by another country with a totally different set of values and priorities ? Or perhaps we're really too stupid and wee and so feckin usless to look after ourselves. I don't and never will accept that.
    Listen daft erse, I don't need anyone to tell me how to think.

Stop making assumptions, just because you get yer info from biased organisations not everyone does. Is Channel 4 a worthy news organisation for information?

You don't want to be ruled by another country.....but the SNP are desperate to be ruled by the EU?

The SNP want independence at ANY cost, others want to know the cost.

Too true Stewarty,Most of the Independence supporters I know don't think everything the S.N.P do is wonderful,they done some good things and some not so good things.As for blaming Wastemonster for everything just listened to Theresa May's speech she made at the Tory Conference and if she actually delivers what she says she is going to do I'll be the first to take my hat off to her,but can she really take on the big Companies who at the end of the day put zillions in to the Tory Party I have my doubts.See Noah,we don't all play follow my leader.Stereotyping all Independence supporters is like blaming all comedians for Michael McIntyre.
    Yet to see any of you c**** even mildly criticise the Scottish government.....plenty of wastemonster though.

Quote Originally Posted by JackSnakes View Post
    I like Michael McIntyre...and that Geordie lassie, whatever her name is - although I confess I fail to see what is funny about Monty Python - but I thought the Life of Brian was hysterical. I also fail to see why hanging on to England's coat-tails, given the fact that the English themselves are derisory about our desperation to live in their shadow as some snottery nosed beggar with our grasping paws held out, is seen as a better alternative than running your own show. Lessons should be learned by both camps from the 'Brexit' vote, where the English WERE brave enough to ignore the dire financial warnings and took their sovereignty back. It would seem that much (although definitely not all) of the doom and gloom predictions were premature. Was anyone hand-wringing about how poor Britain would be able to survive if it was forced to govern itself? No. The very idea would have been seen as ludicrous.
    Why, then, should a resource-rich nation like Scotland be forever compelled to rely on others to make her decisions for her - to have no voice - to be eternally looking in with her nose pressed up against the sweetie shop window?
    Why do you talk Scotland down?

I have a great life and have never considered myself to be looking in at anything.

Yet to see any of you c**** even mildly criticise the Scottish government.....plenty of wastemonster though.
    You're starting to sound like a broken record,did you not read the bit where I said the S.N.P have done some not so good things?Anyway what about Jack's point about the Brexit voters not listening to the scaremongering from the Remain camp.Theresa May hasn't a Scooby what's happening next but we don't hear any negative comments from you about that.

You're starting to sound like a broken record,did you not read the bit where I said the S.N.P have done some not so good things?Anyway what about Jack's point about the Brexit voters not listening to the scaremongering from the Remain camp.Theresa May hasn't a Scooby what's happening next but we don't hear any negative comments from you about that.
    Why would I worry about what some Tory bint thinks?

I live in Scotland and am governed by a (failing) Scottish government.

They would do well to concentrate on the day day job instead of charging about Europe agitating for a vote they lost last time.

About time they accepted democracy, the new powers we were given and used them to benefit all of Scotland.

The SNP want independence at ANY cost, others want to know the cost.
    Please tell us the "cost" of Independence and while you're at it tell us all t5he cost of staying within this Union

.but the SNP are desperate to be ruled by the EU
    This is the talk of a xenophobic Ukiper ! The EU have never and never will make any of the important decisions either effecting the UK or an Independent Scotland.. Showing your true colours now paddy a little angry Britnat wrapped up in your Butchers apron.

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    This is the talk of a xenophobic Ukiper ! The EU have never and never will make any of the important decisions either effecting the UK or an Independent Scotland.. Showing your true colours now paddy a little angry Britnat wrapped up in your Butchers apron.
    The sad thing about Noah,Bodie and their fellow Fool Brittanias is they offer no serious debate only Daily Mail/Britain First Anti S.N.P rhetoric.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)