+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loan 11

Loan 11

What do you think would be the best 11 made up from the players we have had on loan (including ones we went on to sign)?

I'll make a start at the back

Ward - GK

Reynolds - LB
    Hector - CB
    Tate - CB
    Logan - RB

Quote Originally Posted by DJR1979 View Post
    What do you think would be the best 11 made up from the players we have had on loan (including ones we went on to sign)?

I'll make a start at the back

Ward - GK

Reynolds - LB
    Hector - CB
    Tate - CB
    Logan - RB
    I'd put Reynolds in ahead of Tate at centre half and stick in someone like the Plymouth boy Jim Paterson at left back. Tate was awful!

Midfield has to include the iconic Ferne Snoyl.

up front it's got to be Alex Di Rocco

Sone Aluko I suppose would get a look-in, based on form when here on loan and not his later indiscretions.

Maddison obvs would get in to the midfield, would Josh Walker though?

Simon Church was OK up front.

Quote Originally Posted by simarooskimoose View Post
    Sone Aluko I suppose would get a look-in, based on form when here on loan and not his later indiscretions.

Maddison obvs would get in to the midfield, would Josh Walker though?

Simon Church was OK up front.
    Ward
    Logan Hector Reynolds Paterson
    Burns Walker Maddison Aluko
    Di Rocco S McLean

Collin
    Hodgkiss Tate Vudjadinovic Vidal
    Monakana Marshall Mcglaughlin
    Parker Mclean Snoyl

Velicka anyone?

Bobby Mimms or Andy Dibble and dare I say Budgie were better keepers than Ward although he has till to fulfill his potential.

Quote Originally Posted by phuxachemin View Post
    Bobby Mimms or Andy Dibble and dare I say Budgie were better keepers than Ward although he has till to fulfill his potential.
    Budgie better than Ward? I mind Mimms and Dibble being solid enough but hard to compare the 3 of them to a guy who played a full season with us and had no real bloopers.

I mind Budgie getting caught out a couple of times trying to skin strikers with the ball at his feet and getting his fat arse handed to him.

Edit: typo

I would take Church over MacLean. I know MacLean has had some success away from us, but essentially what happened there is we lost Lee Miller (a target man) replaced him with MacLean and then started punting long balls at him even though he couldn't do anything with them. That half of the season where MacLean played is one of the worst runs of performances I can ever remember. It was part of McGhee's misguided strategy to turn us into a possession footballing side overnight without having any of the players needed to play possession football.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast