+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Graham Hawkins

Graham Hawkins

Former Wolves player, manager and scout, Graham Hawkins has passed away.

Detail in the link below:-

http://tinyurl.com/houxjvz

RIP Graham - a true Wolves fan.

I imagine this will end up on the 'Sir Jack' thread eventually.

Sad news indeed, i never got to see him Wolves side play.

RIP Graham Hawkins.

I was lucky enough to see his Wolves side of the early 80's, and am proud to share the same surname.
    RIP Graham , another Wolves Legend passes into the pages of history.

Attachment 1588

Very sad, another of the old guard gone. Only the same age as me as well.

RIP Graham and condolences to his family.

I imagine his achievement of promotion on first try with Wolves was not considered such a big deal with Wolves having been a staple of the first division for most of its existence. But looking back, considering the disaster that was the 80s for Wolves, he achieved a great deal considering the circumstances.

RIP to Mr. Hawkins

Quote Originally Posted by Woking88 View Post
    Former Wolves player, manager and scout, Graham Hawkins has passed away.

Detail in the link below:-

http://tinyurl.com/houxjvz

RIP Graham - a true Wolves fan.

I imagine this will end up on the 'Sir Jack' thread eventually.
    It will Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Evewolf65 View Post
    I was lucky enough to see his Wolves side of the early 80's, and am proud to share the same surname.
    RIP Graham , another Wolves Legend passes into the pages of history.

Attachment 1588
    Nice pic mate. I still like that shirt btw.

Was just going to say what a great pic that was!

Great photo, nice shirt, top man - RIP Graham

TottonWolfs story at the end of the article I thought was nice;

Very sad, and no age. In the sixties I had been to my grannies house by east park, me and my dad caught the number 29 bus back to Bentley. My dad said hello to a young man who was already on the bus (I didn't know at the time that my dad knew him). Under his arm he had a box, my dad asked him what was in the box and he showed us his new boots for the up coming season. Needless to say my dad explained later that it was Graham Hawkins and he lived on our estate. How times change.....RIP Graham

Quote Originally Posted by Makka View Post
    TottonWolfs story at the end of the article I thought was nice;

Very sad, and no age. In the sixties I had been to my grannies house by east park, me and my dad caught the number 29 bus back to Bentley. My dad said hello to a young man who was already on the bus (I didn't know at the time that my dad knew him). Under his arm he had a box, my dad asked him what was in the box and he showed us his new boots for the up coming season. Needless to say my dad explained later that it was Graham Hawkins and he lived on our estate. How times change.....RIP Graham
    That's a nice story makka.

I remember his time (as a manager) at Wolves well. All downhill after that unfortunately

Gold and black through and through, a player, a manager and a fan.

People like him are very very rare.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)