+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Injury Curse

Injury Curse

coming to bite us now. Marshall still not played after being on the end of that horrible tackle at Ibrox. Not a peep of complaint from us either. If this had of happened the other way around , then we wouldn't have heard the end of it. Tapping, as usual , injured. Hilson after a long injury lay off , on crutches. Lyle , pulled muscle . Second keeper Atkinson injured also . From having a few options, we are getting quite thin on the ground now. Hope to see wide men on either side next week and not a big , central player with little pace.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    coming to bite us now. Marshall still not played after being on the end of that horrible tackle at Ibrox. Not a peep of complaint from us either. If this had of happened the other way around , then we wouldn't have heard the end of it. Tapping, as usual , injured. Hilson after a long injury lay off , on crutches. Lyle , pulled muscle . Second keeper Atkinson injured also . From having a few options, we are getting quite thin on the ground now. Hope to see wide men on either side next week and not a big , central player with little pace.
    As you say, if Marshall's injury had happened to high profile club's player the media would have had a field day if the opposition player hadn't seen red. At least he was back on the subs bench yesterday.

Tapping's injury is apparently his knee and he's had a scan and the club are awaiting the results. Let's hope he's not out too muchd longer.

Hilson appearing on crutches at Dumbarton yesterday, sitting in the stand, doesn't sound good. I wonder if it's an occurrence of last season's foot injury or some other injury?

Lyle picked-up a calf injury in the pre-match warm-up, so hopefully he'll be okay soon.

Atkinson also has a calf injury and young Jack Leighfield was Queens' sub keeper yesterday and he's been given Thomson's squad number of 21. Let's hope he's not out for long either.

I also agree with having natural wide men instead of central strikers there like Dykes and Rigg.
    Last edited by ALBERTZ_11; 02-10-2016 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    As you say, if Marshall's injury had happened to high profile club's player the media would have had a field day if the opposition player hadn't seen red. At least he was back on the subs bench yesterday.

Tapping's injury is apparently his knee and he's had a scan and the club are awaiting the results. Let's hope he's not out for too much longer.

Hilson appearing on crutches at Dumbarton yesterday (sitting in the only stand there) doesn't sound good. I wonder if it's an occurrence of last season's foot injury or some other one?

Lyle picked-up a calf injury in the pre-match warm-up, so hopefully he'll be okay soon.

Atkinson also has a calf injury and young Jack Leighfield (on loan at Gretna 2008) was Queens' sub keeper yesterday at "The Rock" and he's been given Thomson's squad number of 21. Let's hope he's not out for long either.

I also agree with having natural wide men instead of central strikers there like Dykes and Rigg.

Anderson and A.N. Other I reckon.
    Amended post above slightly as I was time-barred.
    Last edited by ALBERTZ_11; 02-10-2016 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    Amended post above slightly as I was time-barred.
    The time-barred ruling is so annoying right enough, JRSLP.

Shame that Lyle got injured in the warm up but hopefully he will be ok for next week and with Marshall on the bench yesterday hopefully he will be back in the starting line up next week aswell.

Hilson sadly picked up an injury at training and does not know how long he will be out for and Tapping is waiting to hear how long he will be out for.

Also Atkinson who recently returned from injury to take his place back on the bench when Thomson left is out again and I see that Thomson came on as a late sub for Hamilton yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by QOS King View Post
    Shame that Lyle got injured in the warm up but hopefully he will be ok for next week and with Marshall on the bench yesterday hopefully he will be back in the starting line up next week aswell.

Hilson sadly picked up an injury at training and does not know how long he will be out for and Tapping is waiting to hear how long he will be out for.

Also Atkinson who recently returned from injury to take his place back on the bench when Thomson left is out again and I see that Thomson came on as a late sub for Hamilton yesterday.
    Jack Leighfield (on loan at Gretna 2008) replaced Atkinson on the subs bench yesterday and has Thomson's old squad number 21.

Thomson got on in 82 minutes and conceded the equaliser deep into injury time.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)