+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Linfield up next

Linfield up next

This is an intriguing game coming up. I have watched the highlights of Linfields last three games bar yesterday's ( dont know the score). Although it's difficult to accurately gauge the strength of opposition they are playing, Linfield have won convincingly in all these and are in second position behind Crusaders. They certainly have some very useful attacking players to watch out for. As or ourselves, it would be very tough on Higgins if he dropped out of the team to allow Marshall back in . After all , Chris has been part of a four with back to back clean sheets and has defended well even if his distribution was poor as usual. I would be inclined to keep him at left back and push Marshall into left midfield to keep the balance and shape of the team . I expect the large away support will make this a real cup tie atmosphere. Thoughts ?
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 02-10-2016 at 06:22 PM.

I hope there is enough Linfield fans coming across to merit the opening of the Tereggles Street end.

This should be an interesting encounter with Scotland vs. Ireland.

Would be good to see the Terregles Street terracing open to away fans to create a good atmosphere.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 610
Size:  41.7 KB
    Linfield fans on saturday

I have just been told to expect 1,000 fans from Northern Ireland and that Linfield have been doing their homework on us very studiously.

Really looking forward to this game since Linfield will be something of an unknown opposition. I would expect a noisy and boisterous away support from Northern Ireland as well as some confused locals of a blue persuasion to blindly turn up in the away end. Hope that the Dumfries public turn out to counter the large away support and add to the atmosphere.

yep this should be a real good game ,i just hope queens get out of this wee lul there going thru ,we havnt scored in 3 games now .

Agree with all these postings and just hope that Queens fans turn out in reasonable numbers despite the early kick - off and the game on television. Hopefully the local newspapers, Radio Solway and West Sound give this '' international '' match full publicity and also remember to get your tickets in advance at the Midsteeple, Dumfries.

Another thing I've noticed from watching the Irish League Show is that a few teams have the artificial surface. Linfield will be used to it.

Since around 2008 , I wonder how many of our games have been on live TV on whatever channel . Contrast this to our live TV appearances pre 2008.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)