+ Visit Scotland Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Hun' not considered offensive by communications watchdog Ofcom

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    Its a strange phenomenon opposing fans nicknames for opponents take my own club..."" Sheep"" when you look and think about it make no sense whatsoever. Aberdeen being Scotland third largest City and no history of Sheep farming or shagging for that matter. Why are Dundee Utd called ""arabs"" and WTF is a "Yahoo" ? Ayr Utd are called the honest men but the crime rate for that area is not exactly low ! The "Pars" ? The Bairns ? "Loons" I'm no even sure why sevco are the huns. Aye Nowt queer as folk right enough.
    Fantastic post.

Ya sheep sh@ggin' b@stard

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    The hun word isn't banned on here, that's good enough for me.
    I don't really see why any word should be banned. I understand why some might be deemed extremely offensive, so may be proscribed, mainly due to the fact that the right-wing rangers support use them in a racist or offensive manner, but that is up to the mod to issue yellow cards or to sin bin a poster for using proscribed language and, if the offence is repeated, to issue bans.
    Jocks and taffs and paddies aren't offensive in themselves, but are used in a derogatory manner by some Englanders because they have some false sense of superiority. Paddy is also used by rangers supporters because they are anti-Irish bigots, but that is a separate story. Hun isn't offensive, but is used in a similarly derogatory manner towards rangers supporters. It isn't sectarian by any means but it certainly isn't a compliment... Feenyin isn't in the slightest bit offensive except to those who take great delight in being offended. At the end of the day, whilst the new wisdom is that whether something is offensive or not is decided by the person who has been offended, that fact of the matter is, as every sensible person knows, that offence has to be intended.
    Words in themselves are not offensive - how they are used is. Is calling someone a tw@t more offensive if you preface that with their nationality, or the gender, or ***uality or religion? Most of my shift are Polish. Calling them Polish is not an insult. Calling someone a Polish bastird certainly has connotations of anti-Polish sentiment.

Bottom line, a hun is a rangers supporter, whether that is a Buddhist hun, Sikh hun, Hindu hun, Catholic hun, Jewish hun, Protestant hun, muslim hun - or an atheist hun...

(Apologies to any huns whose personal theological myth has been left out...)

Quote Originally Posted by JackSnakes View Post
    Hun is a rangers supporter.
    Pretending it is used by anyone here to describe Protestants is utter baws, principally because it is used by Protestants to describe rangers supporters.
    Sectarian ma erse.
    Fkn mopes get on my tits
    boo fkn hoo every five minutes about one thing or another.
    Snivelling fkn wretch
    Hun is a protestant, or those who are viewed to have Protestant leanings, mini huns, ayrshire huns, diet huns ect all aimed at folk with zero attachment to Rangers, but a perceived Protestant religious leaning. The banners at the scumhut were more proof of the hatred associated with these vile creatures who want to murder and kill all huns, the argument that it is only sectarian when a Catholic uses this sectarian term is quite frankly pathetic, the Protestant football supporters may use it in a way where they see it as a derogatory term for a lower class Protestant, "white trash" "right wingers", "members of the klan" ect, they look down on their fellow human beings regardless of their faith.

The yahoo changed the rules many years ago when it comes to insults, they cried so much the media and governments got wrapped up in the sectarian industry we now cannot say boo without offending anyone, the yahoo even took offence to the Hokey Kokey and attempted to have it banned.

The word MOPE was invented for the yahoo and it only has itself to blame for the current ridiculous situation we find ourselves in in regards to what is considered offensive, the yahoo wants to choose what is and isn't offensive, it also wants to tell you what you are allowed to be offended by, the yahoo is a c()NT, don't be like the yahoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Rangersmandownunder View Post
    Hun is a protestant, or those who are viewed to have Protestant leanings, mini huns, ayrshire huns, diet huns ect all aimed at folk with zero attachment to Rangers, but a perceived Protestant religious leaning. The banners at the scumhut were more proof of the hatred associated with these vile creatures who want to murder and kill all huns, the argument that it is only sectarian when a Catholic uses this sectarian term is quite frankly pathetic, the Protestant football supporters may use it in a way where they see it as a derogatory term for a lower class Protestant, "white trash" "right wingers", "members of the klan" ect, they look down on their fellow human beings regardless of their faith.

The yahoo changed the rules many years ago when it comes to insults, they cried so much the media and governments got wrapped up in the sectarian industry we now cannot say boo without offending anyone, the yahoo even took offence to the Hokey Kokey and attempted to have it banned.

The word MOPE was invented for the yahoo and it only has itself to blame for the current ridiculous situation we find ourselves in in regards to what is considered offensive, the yahoo wants to choose what is and isn't offensive, it also wants to tell you what you are allowed to be offended by, the yahoo is a c()NT, don't be like the yahoo.
    You can invent what you like - the fact of the matter is that a hun has no religious connotations in Great Britain, and that it has always been the huns with their pathetic email campaigns and greetin-faced nonsense whinging about the BBC, post office, Daily Record, Radio Clyde - fk me - you name it, the mopes have had an email campaign about it. Targeting businesses, threatening others - we have even seen it on here on the last few days - attempting to get others the sack for some perceived slight.
    A fkn whining bunch of greetin-faced bairns that nae cnt listens to anymore - not because, as they like to claim on swalloswallow, that their PR department isn't as good as Celtic's, but because everyone is sick to the back teeth of their endless complaining, bitching, whining, whinging and greetin.
    Grow the fk up

Is Rolph actually being serious about the mini-hun thing not having anything to do with the big huns every club in scotland bar the one will have more non-catholics than catholics simply down to that being how it is in scotland. Are we really all meant to be huns/protestants

[QUOTE=Taintedice;38291734 Are we really all meant to be huns/protestants [/QUOTE]

Well not you tittydice, you fall into the gay airline pilot stalking nonce category, which I here is quite high at dense park, not that you go mind, you utter mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Rangersmandownunder View Post
    "Ofcom based its judgements on a survey of just 248 people throughout the UK".

Ofcom said in the report:"It is important to emphasise that participants in the research found it hard to make overall judgments about individual words or gestures without taking into account the specific context.

"In some cases, they gave their views on the acceptability of words without being provided with detail about how a specific word might have been used.

"The importance of context in participants' approach to assessing these words means that care needs to be taken when reviewing the information set out in this Quick Reference Guide."

I don't think the word "Jock" is offensive, or even the "smelly sock" words, but many years back when I was on holiday in Spain a rather unpleasant inebriated man from Yorkshire called me a "Jock c()nt" after we exchanged a few pleasantries about football, I took offense to that and he somehow lost his balance, fell over and lost a couple of teeth, the general consensus of the folk around at the time was that he deserved his karma as he was being offensive.

You should note in that report that.....................

"The term "hun" often used as a derogatory term north of the border for Rangers fans was described as: "Mild language, generally of little concern. However, seen as less acceptable by those familiar with the history and use of the term as a sectarian insult.".

So in fact Ofcom actually reiterate that it is a sectarian insult in that context.

In short the report is ballix.
    and their..............................OFF !!

Does anyone know what religion the well known huns Nacho Novo and Lorenzo Amoruso are?

Going by Wolph's logic I take it they are Protestants?

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieSkelper View Post
    Does anyone know what religion the well known huns Nacho Novo and Lorenzo Amoruso are?

Going by Wolph's logic I take it they are Protestants?
    They must be,because surely no Supporters would sing about being up to their knees in their own players' blood.

If a Hun is a protestant, why did you Huns call us huns back in the day? Were you calling us protestants?

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)