+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Irn Bru Cup R4

just chuffed the ugly sister's equally ugly cousin has been dispatched.

2,300 odd there today. Did
    Queens have their special ' cup tie' calculator out today ?

Special cup tie calculator I must admit was heard being discussed in the club after the game - with the Irish bringing 1,027 to Palmy that means only 1,331 home fans bothered turning out ? Queens were much the better team and Linfield reminded me of a Scottish Junior team from the blood and snotters days. Most of the away fans were great at getting behind their team but there was an ignorant element with their rendering of Hullo, Hullo and The Sash etc while also letting off a smoke bomb just prior to the minutes silence for the poor guy from Sanquhar who died in the football bus crash last week so well done the police and stewards who surrounded the mob and prevented them moving to the terracing at half - time.

It was a sense of immense relief that came right through me when we scored the first. One , because the obvious, I thought it could go to pens or they could break away and nick it. Secondly , I was going straight back to work afterwards and those of a ' the rangers' persuasion were getting ready to give me hell big time.

Fully agree with Ftivano regarding his rating of Linfield . On today's performance, I would rate them Scottish Leagues One at best but they did have their own injury problems and a very handy regular ( Smith) was away with the Northern Irish under 21'section.

Cresswell, on many levels you make some extremely valid points, and like you I desperately didn't want an extra 30 minutes, - but mainly because if the game had gone to penalties Roy Carroll would have won!

On another day, Queens could and should have had five or six goals, and if Lyle and Hilson had been available we would have done.

It's easy to criticise young Dykes, but he was up against a seasoned professional - who was having the game of his life, and perhaps what is now required is for Lindon to have several 20 minute sessions one on one with a variety of keepers (in other words put a goalkeepers jersey on every member of the team and get him used to playing against a range of keepers so that his confidence soars in those situations)

I'm still convinced that the contract Queens need to extend is for young Mr. Skelton, - before someone sneaks in and steals him from under our noses. He is performing way beyond all expectations, doing exactly what he said he would do and what none of us expected him to do, and so we really need to ensure he is going nowhere.

Talking of contracts, I would get an extension on Darren Brownlie's contract. He is young and at an age where the vultures could swoop.

Don't have any concerns about Lyndon Dykes . He is already doing the hard part in getting in the right positions for an effort at goal and added to that , his relentless energy . As JardI says, some one on one coaching and the composure will come.

Did not realise like Berwick Rangers playing in the Scottish League set - up that The New Saints home town Oswestry is actually in Shropshire, England - 5 miles from the Welsh border - we live and learn eh.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)