+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rip gerry gow

Rip gerry gow

One of our greatest midfielders has passed away

A great guy with attitude!

Sad news. Was it Emlyne that signed him? Don't think he'd have been on the field much these days, loved a tackle.

R I P

I saw him play, he never took Prisoners, if a ball was to be won he won it, Football is missing this type of Player.

God rest him.

RIP Gerry
    @OfficialRUFC
    Attachment 1731

Sad news. He was a hard tackler, but also a skilllful and energetic midfielder.. Only played 58 games for us (according to Wikipedia) , but unforgetable.

R.I.P.

That's sad news. 64 is not an old age these days. That was a very special era and a very special team when Gerry played for us and I will remember the time with great fondness. He was a ***** part of that team and he'll always be remembered as one of the best midfielders to wear a Rotherham shirt. His first game for the Millers will always be remembered because he actually tackled a Derby County player and broke the player's leg, for which Gerry got a red card, so his debut was short lived. He tackled hard, and God only knows how he would have gone on these days where you've only got to touch a player and before you know it he's on the ground rolling about as if he's been pole-axed. R.I.P. Gerry and thanks for the memories pal.

Yes sad news. One of our greatest players in living memory. He was a key part in a team that would wipe the floor with the present lot.
    RIP Gerry.

Oh no, that's very sad news and he has been taken so young too.
    Such good memories of him playing for us and although most people will remember him for his uncompromising, tough tackling approach to the game he had real skill too and frequently dominated the central midfield area.
    RIP Gerry.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Oh no, that's very sad news and he has been taken so young too.
    Such good memories of him playing for us and although most people will remember him for his uncompromising, tough tackling approach to the game he had real skill too and frequently dominated the central midfield area.
    RIP Gerry.
    Hi chaps, Bristol City fan here. Nice words for one hell of a player.
    If he was one of the 'best midfielders to play for you' in his latter years, imagine how good he was for us in his prime?
    What a footballer!
    As I'm sure you know, he is an utter legend at BCFC, a phrase used too easily but not for Gerry where we are concerned. We tend to forget that he played for yourselves, Man City and Yeovil. Both yourselves and even Man City fans have a thread to mourn his passing so it shows what a great player and bloke he was.
    Nice one Millers.
    R.I.P King Gerry, the pride of the East end.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast