+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by StandfreeFM View Post
    Corporation Tax isn't hidden on the 'Government Expenditure & Review Scotland ("GERS"), it is estimated. From it's methodology statement "GERS apportions a share of UK corporation tax revenues based on the economic activity undertaken in Scotland and not the location of companies' headquarters"

These are the Scottish Government's statistics and their Chief Statistician, Roger Halliday, takes responsibilty for them.
    Hi Standfree, Thanks for your reply. Your right to say GERs are compiled by the SG. What you don't say is they are set by parameters set by the UK Government. My understanding is Oil&Gas revenues are left off GERs are their seen as a joint asset. Do you think for a minute if the SG were allowed to compile their own figures set by their parameters they would leave off Oil ? And I stand by my corporation tax assertion most of the big companies operating in Scotland pay their taxes directly to London and are not included in Scottish figures. Safe to say in an iScotland these revenues would come to Scotland. If the Naesayers are basing their argument on the GERs figures then bring it on. I honestly believe its a tool(GERs) to hide Scotland's wealth.

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    Hi Standfree, Thanks for your reply. Your right to say GERs are compiled by the SG. What you don't say is they are set by parameters set by the UK Government. My understanding is Oil&Gas revenues are left off GERs are their seen as a joint asset. Do you think for a minute if the SG were allowed to compile their own figures set by their parameters they would leave off Oil ? And I stand by my corporation tax assertion most of the big companies operating in Scotland pay their taxes directly to London and are not included in Scottish figures. Safe to say in an iScotland these revenues would come to Scotland. If the Naesayers are basing their argument on the GERs figures then bring it on. I honestly believe its a tool(GERs) to hide Scotland's wealth.
    Of course it's a tool .
    Keeping Scotland down but things are changing in the world of internet .

Nobody knows anything about the finances hence why we are in a ****ing meltdown. It was an opportunity to annoy the Huns.

There wasn't a single valid economic argument for voting no. It seems obvious now, that most of them are using it to hide their shame.

Plus anyone that slags off the way Nicola looks as an excuse is clearly a Hun in disguise.

Southern Tory here. You poor saps, Sturgeon is lying to you. Scotland cannot stand on its own two feet and maintain anything near your standard of living. Grow up! Its the Torys keeping you from penury. You cant survive without the UK. There should be some sort of sanction for lying politicians, and some sort of censure for gullible idiots. Like having their vote taken away, or custard pies in the face.

You know who i mean.

TORY AND PROUD. NIGEL.

Looks like the nawbags have an opportunity to redeem themselves. Surely they won't sell out their country & future generations twice in a row?

I doubt they will now. They might bottle it and pretend they are financial gurus but let's hope they've manned up by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I doubt they will now. They might bottle it and pretend they are financial gurus but let's hope they've manned up by now.
    The no campaign can't change their tactics . From Westminster to the press to even the posh erm scottish Tories
    We will change our tactics and hit them where it will hurt Westminster's loss Scotlands gain free from illegal wars WMD and we will prosper that I'm certain.
    Remember once independent it's not the SNP who will take on the mantel it will more likely be labour.
    Surely a much better option that the tories for most up here.
    We will also be rid of the house of commons now surely that's a good thing .

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Looks like the nawbags have an opportunity to redeem themselves. Surely they won't sell out their country & future generations twice in a row?
    Ach, this doesn't mean much, just a pretty obvious attempt keep the more gullible independence supporters onside (much like 'The National Survey' nonsense).

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast