+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Cleveland "No Names"

Ach, it'll make it all the sweeter when they win the Pennant in front of their own fans in Game 6.

Cubbies forgotton how to bat in the NLCS. Dodgers leading 2-1. Kershaw slated for Game 5 so reckon Cubs need to win tonight.

Heading to the World Series

I quite often tune out of baseball when the playoffs are on (a combination of real football/yank football starting up again and following the Mariners who haven't made the playoffs since 2001) but this year it's been a bit different. The Cubs/Dodgers series in particular is pretty gripping.

If anyone is vaguely interested in the sport and has never done it before I'd definitely recommend going out there and travelling around watching games in different stadiums. Something about it is almost like watching extinct animals still in their pomp - I feel like a sport like baseball can't survive in the modern world before it's overtaken by more glitzy alternatives, but it's still there going strong, all the traditions, chatting to old timers in the stadiums who have been watching the game since they were kids and are usually over the moon that some foreigner has come out to watch it, the history in places like Fenway and Wrigley... just brilliant.

Bored the absolute sh*te out of my girlfriend right enough.

On the topic of baseball

Name:  607680.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  24.0 KB

shinnie lookalike kevin pillar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Grantland View Post
    On the topic of baseball

Name:  607680.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  24.0 KB

shinnie lookalike kevin pillar
    Brilliant. At least Graeme got to a final today after the disappointment of nae making the World Series

Chicago Cubs it is. 'mon the Indians

Cubs in 5

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Chicago Cubs it is. 'mon the Indians
    there has been a campaign to get ricky vaughn to throw out the first pitch, looks to be a no

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I asked my yank/mexican room mate what his views were and he couldn't care less and its a case of the world going soft. He also pointed out that the people who get offended by this are usually Caucasian and its not the Natives themselves. Polls have been held and they don't care.
    Don't forget that grievance has now been professionalised. When folk are making a living out of grievance do you think they have any interest in addressing the underlying societal issues or do you think they benefit from generating as much grievance as possible? And yes, they are usually white.

They ought to go for that!!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast