http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37639638

This raises its head again. The Cleveland Indians Chief Wahoo is racist. I like baseball and I clung onto the Indians as a nipper (When MLB was on sky) as I thought they had the coolest badge. Being young I did not realise the racist stereotyping that it conveyed. To this day I still watch the Indians on BT Sport and they have a real chance at the World Series. If they beat the Blue Jays they are going there. I have an extensive collection of Indians emblazoned caps. They are the only team I go out my way to watch as well as the Dons

But is it racist? Yes I suppose it is offensive. But I didn't used to be?

My issue with this is its a reasonably new thing to call out the team for racism as the first official case noted was in 1997 a full 87 years since the team formed. Is it a case of the world has gone to PC?, the world has gone soft and more easily offended? they have a point? If they do have a point then why has it only been an issue for 20 years and not 116 years?

Also to add after the way the Native Americans were treated in America its a bit late to stick up for them now

But its not just Cleveland that get stick, The Washington Redskins (NFL) (were even going to change their name recently), The Atlanta Braves (MLB ), Kansas City Chiefs (NFL) and the Chicago Blackhawks (NHL) all get it too

The Chief Wahoo logo is still used but not to the extent it used to be as the uniforms are now emblazoned with the "C" logo.

Thoughts? Most folk probably dinna give a sh@te on here.

Edit-Sh@te wrong forum