+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ched Evans -Not Guilty!

Ched Evans -Not Guilty!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html

I hope all those people here who lambasted him and called him all sorts of viscous names over the years will now eat humble pie. No reasonable jury should have convicted him in the first place but that is over and he will be now free to play for anyone now that and that will probably be at a higher level.

Even so there are never any winners only losers in this kind of situation. I wonder how many fans will still call him a rapist when he plays in away matches? There will be some no doubt!

Welcome back Mike
    As you say, no winners just losers.

He has been found Not Guilty of rape.
    That does not excuse his supporters' 'outing' the woman after his first conviction; nor does any of the evidence point towards him having anything other than an appalling attitude towards women in general.
    If he was my son - or if the girl was my daughter -I'd be deeply ashamed.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html

I hope all those people here who lambasted him and called him all sorts of viscous names over the years will now eat humble pie. No reasonable jury should have convicted him in the first place but that is over and he will be now free to play for anyone now that and that will probably be at a higher level.

Even so there are never any winners only losers in this kind of situation. I wonder how many fans will still call him a rapist when he plays in away matches? There will be some no doubt!
    He is pond life. I wouldn't want him anywhere near my club. Scum of the earth

The law has worked through to its final verdict. I feel sorry for any woman caught up with men with such a poor attitude.

Think the fact that's he's most unlikely to get compensation says it all - can't believe he'll be welcome at any away ground.

Is this whole situation any different than the one that befell our club not so long ago?

No-one was sent for trial. Not quite the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Furberstreet View Post
    No-one was sent for trial. Not quite the same.
    Your right on that but I'm seeing very similar circumstance.