+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's went wrong ?

That was hard to watch today . Hope it's not the start of things to come .........

Hard to disagree with any of that. I fear the good fortune and Dobbies rich vein of form has well and truly ended.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cresswell View Post
    Sorry, fellow posters. I said after the game against Linfield that some of you couldn't handle the truth. Well, we got the truth today. Aloreburn reckons we can't go from so good to so bad in such a short period of time. Those of us who are prepared to analyse critically our performances this season knew that we had not been "so good". To a large extent we were carried along by the form of Stephen Dobbie who, unfortunately, has not quite lived up to his early promise. Look at recent games: utterly outclassed 0-5 by a very average Rangers; not very impressive in a 0-0 draw at home with Hibs (who are experiencing their own continuing slump in form); a dreadful performance in 0-0 draw away to Dumbarton; a thoroughly unimpressive 2-0 win at home to part-time Linfield (but only after extra-time as the part-timers tired); and finally a 0-5 thrashing by Morton at home. Aloreburn rightly makes the point that we have now gone five games without scoring in the regulation ninety minutes. I readily concede that I had not expected such a heavy defeat today but I was not surprised that we lost. A defeat has been on the cards these past few weeks. I shall always believe that a team will not improve and progress unless performances are forensically analysed for the good but especially for the bad. It is delusional to ignore poor performances even when results go our way; and we have papered over a fair few cracks this season. I am not going to suggest that the bubble has well and truly burst, but it has certainly sprung a leak lately. We have Ayr United next week. They have come on to a bit of form of late which should make for an interesting contest.

Didn't expect a defeat so heavy yesterday but as has already been mentioned the signs have been there over the last month . Not a goals scored over 90 minutes since Seeptember 17th and some rather flat performances . How on Earth can a defence who's been solid so far all of a sudden lose more goals in one game than they had over the last eight . Fully understand we've injury worries but it was mentioned by many supporters on here that the squad size was always going to come back and haunt us when injuries and suspensions kicked in . Signing two injury prone players like Hilson & Tapping was a gamble that has severely backfired . It's also crazy to think the player we have signed is also not fit yet and miles away from match fitness .
    So far the season has been fantastic and better than we'd all expected but there's now a real chance we could slip down the league table what with the current form of Falkirk and Dundee United

Honestly can't see anything more than an Ayr United win next Saturday . They're on form and were also very unlucky when beaten 4-1 at Palmerston early this season

"Football - bloody hell!" I have had a difficult week and I was looking forward to getting along to my favourite football ground. I was a couple of minutes late but judging from the loud applause I could hear, things were going well for Queens. "Haud on! Don't score yet, lads" I said to the chap at the turnstyle. When I got in, Morton seemed to be pressing us hard. One of theirs cut in from the right, nobody closing him down and skelped an unstoppable shot past a helpless Robinson. Well, these things can happen. Great shot, good goal. Ha, I thought normal service would be resumed. Wrong! Morton were superior in every department for the whole game imo. A couple of the goals were poor ones to lose, but we were well beaten. Morton's drive energy and crisp passing made our guys look very poor on the day. I agree the signs have been there that we are on a sticky patch - few goals and lack lustre showings ( v Dumbarton especially). We do miss Del, Dobster's form has dipped and playing him out wide is daft imo. For much of the game he wasn't involved. We know we don't have much strength in depth. I am a fan of Jacobs, a McKenna type player, who is desperately missed in the middle of the park. Playing Rigg out left later in the game was hopeless too. Our fullbacks had a really hard time, thanks toexcellent performances by their opposite numbers.
    Hey ho! We go again. When all is said and done, I wouldn't have believed we would be joint topafter the first quarter before the season started. Soo disappointing but more than pass marks from me for the opening of the season.

Surprised nobody has mentioned yesterday's poor crowd of 1,695

Quote Originally Posted by palmylad View Post
    Surprised nobody has mentioned yesterday's poor crowd of 1,695
    Why? That's pretty well par for the course.

Because it's our lowest league crowd so far

A look at the official team sheet yesterday shows that out of the 18 players listed 9 were Club Academy graduates or Development Team graduates. While this might be good for the future of the club at this moment in time the squad urgently needs strengthening
    with some experienced players if we are not to start heading downwards in the table !

Quote Originally Posted by Cresswell View Post
    I just can't win, JRS, can I? I am bit surprised and very disappointed that you should think that I "couldn't wait to put a post like that together". Let's be honest, nine of today's starting eleven could be regarded as first choices and the remaining two feature regularly so this was not quite the weakened team that is alleged. We were thoroughly outplayed by a much better team and our defensive frailties were seriously exposed. These defensive frailties have been there to be seen by those who are willing to see them (even in games that we have won); to ignore them is simply to stick your head in the sand. This was a result waiting to happen; and it gives me no pleasure that it has now actually happened. No fan, even a critic such as I, likes to see his team thrashed at home by a 0-5 score line. Perhaps, JRS, I just happen to be right that this team is nowhere near as good as you think they are. However, despite today's setback I shall still be at Ayr next week hoping for a good result against a resurgent United.
    You can take it whatever way you want Cresswell. I am not deluded and have said more than a few times of my concerns with important players missing. You are correct in your criticisms of the team but don't play the martyr with me. Reason being that you are not so quick to praise as you are to put the boot in and this team has still ( overall ) this season done extremely well.. You are obviously an intelligent man and I always read your posts with interest but have met ( online or face to face) plenty of people like you before
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 16-10-2016 at 03:57 PM.

Points victory for JSsLeftPeg over the Victor Melgrew of QOS Mad

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)