+ Visit Scotland Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Stewarty or Buc

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    OK lets forget the SNP for one second think you could do that. ? You have a clear choice ..A Right Wing Tory party backed up by UKIP for the foreseeable future in Westminster making all the important decisions for you..... Or an Independent Scotland with a Labour government which would you choose ?
    You're getting thicker by the post.

I DONT GIVE A PHUCK ABOUT ANY WESTMINSTER GOVERNMENT. A SCOTTISH GOVERMNENT MAKES THE IMPORTANT DECISIONS THAT SHAPE OUR LIVES.

You need to let it go wee man.

You actually believe this don't you !!!!! Don't know whether to laugh or cry for you. Can I suggest a book for you to read.

Its called basic politics for dummies. Let me try and educate you. WM make the decisions on Benefits and social security. Broadcasting. Our constitution , Defence,Employment,Equal opportunities and human rights, Foreign policy. Trade and Industry, And most importantly how much pocket money we can spend on the things that are devolved. Now that money is being continually reduced by WM under what they call the Barnett formula. Under devolution Scotland is still part of the United Kingdom and the UK Parliament in Westminster is sovereign (has ultimate power). That is an undeniable FACT Paddy another thing .... Are you aware WM could abolish the Scottish parly ? You may also not be aware during the Scotland act debate an amendment was put forward by Labour and the SNP saying the Scottish Parliament could only be abolished if th e people of Scotland decided that after a referendum... The Tories rejected that amendment leaving that ulitmate power with WM. Scotland Act amendment 58. for the record.

Whatever you may think or believe Paddy you are ultimately ruled by Westminster Tories. you need to come to terms with that

PS you never answered the question. permanent tories in WM or Independence under a government of your choosing ?
    Any chance you will answer this ?

Does the Scottish government have tax raising powers?

It always has. right from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    It always has. right from the start.
    So they can have an effect on my pay packet?

Up or down Yes

As of yet no Scottish gov has ever used the tax raising powers be that Labour or SNP. Are you arguing for tax rises ? What point is it your trying to get around too ?

So the Scottish government can raise taxes to provide better services.....if they want to?

Why aren't you shouting at the Tories in WM to raise the block grant after all its them thats cutting it and effecting services. But no you just want to attack the SNP no matter what !!. You would rather Scots paid for Tory austerity through taxing them more. Whatever the Scottish Gov did you would still have a go. At its very very best whatever powers we are kindly given Westminster will always control 70% of the revenue of Scotland, it also controls more than 40% of expenditure IN Scotland (including money spent outside of, but “on behalf of Scotland). You just don't get Independence and I doubt you ever will. Your are really becoming a very tiresome man and this is the last time I will respond to your idiotic and meaningless posts. I now take great pleasure in telling you tae get to phuck.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)