+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Cow Shed Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Buy McCartney's QOS Centenary book when it comes out mate in 2019 then you wont have to ask punters on here all the questions.
    That will be a wealth of information. I cannot wait.

Quote Originally Posted by palmylad View Post
    Attachment 1898

Back of the Coo Shed ......
    I particularly like the sign above the main entrance with the C and U of club missing.

Quote Originally Posted by louisxiv View Post
    I'd be interested in exploring possibilities re an exhibition. Maybe something to coincide with the centenary in 2019. Does anyone on here with direct links to the club know if there are any plans for such a thing or any interest in discussing possibilities? Could be a wee labour of love for me!
    Sent you a DM yesterday Louis.

Quote Originally Posted by ODB View Post
    Sent you a DM yesterday Louis.
    Looking good for the centenary celebrations.

Came across this old grainy image of the Coo Shed in the background full to the brim - goalie I think was Fred Martin of Aberdeen who let in seven goals at Wembley ... note the young yins sitting on the touchline - there were also benches for the auld yins and if your were a lucky young yin you got an imperial or pandrop passed down to you - those were the days - fish supper on the bus on the way home ...
    Last edited by QOS_MAD_ADMIN; 21-10-2016 at 02:58 PM.

Aye, QOS_MAD_ADMIN, those were the days: 9d (4p) to get in, 3d (1p) for a programme that actually had the teams listed, a seat on the cinder track and then a fish supper and a big bottle of lemonade for 2/- (10p) on the way home; and let's not forget the disgusting toilets, the soakings we got because there was practically no cover, the constant battles against relegation, the bottles hurled by the away support when Rangers and Celtic came to town and, if you were really lucky, somebody peeing on you - aye, those were the days.

Quote Originally Posted by QOS_MAD_ADMIN View Post

Came across this old grainy image of the Coo Shed in the background full to the brim - goalie I think was Fred Martin of Aberdeen who let in seven goals at Wembley ... note the young yins sitting on the touchline - there were also benches for the auld yins and if your were a lucky young yin you got an imperial or pandrop passed down to you - those were the days - fish supper on the bus on the way home ...
    I wouldn't bet any money on it, QOS_MAD_ADMIN, but could the goalie possibly be Jimmy Cowan of Morton? As a matter of interest I was at my first ever game at Wembley when Freddie Martin lost seven goals. He came for a high ball, dropped it, goal, and he just didn't recover.

Quote Originally Posted by Cresswell View Post
    Aye, QOS_MAD_ADMIN, those were the days: 9d (4p) to get in, 3d (1p) for a programme that actually had the teams listed, a seat on the cinder track and then a fish supper and a big bottle of lemonade for 2/- (10p) on the way home; and let's not forget the disgusting toilets, the soakings we got because there was practically no cover, the constant battles against relegation, the bottles hurled by the away support when Rangers and Celtic came to town and, if you were really lucky, somebody peeing on you - aye, those were the days.
    I remember a particular match against Rangers at Palmerston around the late fifties - Rangers went one up and these two Rangers supporters standing next to me leaned over and said my whit a grand wee team ye have got here and such a quaint wee ground - Jackie Oakes scored a sensational equaliser about 10 minutes later - their whole attitude changed completely and all you heard were calls get into those country *******s - needless to say I moved away to avoid the expected flying beer bottles which by this time were raining from the terraces - ah happy days !
    Last edited by QOS_MAD_ADMIN; 21-10-2016 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cresswell View Post
    I wouldn't bet any money on it, QOS_MAD_ADMIN, but could the goalie possibly be Jimmy Cowan of Morton? As a matter of interest I was at my first ever game at Wembley when Freddie Martin lost seven goals. He came for a high ball, dropped it, goal, and he just didn't recover.
    I think I've seen this photo before and after looking at images of Cowan on Google it looks very much like him here.

Thanks, Albertz. I was delving really deep into the recesses of my memory bank but as soon as I saw that photograph I immediately thought it was Jimmy Cowan (which was no guarantee that it was). However, it may be further confirmation that we remember facts and faces from our formative years much better than we remember recent events.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)