+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: What Will The Outcome Be?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brighton v Wolves Matchday Thread

Brighton v Wolves Matchday Thread

Another away trip tonight awaits myself and those travelling down. Hopefully Wolves can continue with the type of display seen in the second half at Villa Park, but with a few goals included.

More Info Click Here

Curious to see what changes will be made. We struggle quite a bit without Bod in the lineup. But he is just back from injury and played two games last week (Iceland WCQ and Villa). Wonder if he'll be kept out as to not push him too much.

Same team as started on Saturday, except Dicko in for Bod.

1-0 down at 14 minutes. I think we have been here before!

Sounds like the same old crap first half. We shall see.

This going behind early in the first half scenario is happening all too frequently, it has to stop and quickly!
    We have again given ourselves a mountain to climb against a good side away from home. I for one am getting Pi**ed off with it!

Jon Dadi Bodvarsson and Ivan Cavaleiro replace Conor Coady and Oniangue for the second half.

Not looking too good for Walter's future as we sink down to 15th!
    Last edited by Woking88; 18-10-2016 at 08:48 PM.

Bloody hell, we are only two points above the Villa for gods sake!

It has been said during Walter Zenga's reign that Wolves only seem to start to play in the second half of games, well last night i will go even further and say Wolves only began to up the tempo in added time. Wolves struggled to get any tempo to the game and again resorted in lumping the ball forward. As soon as Knockaert missed with what i thought was a golden chance the writing was on the wall for Wolves.

Wolves struggled to contain Brighton's pairing's on both flanks, Bruno and Knockaert on the Brighton right, Bong and Skalak on the left. each attack down either flank the overlap was there. Both Doherty and Iorfa struggled. It was from Iorfa's side that the cross for the only goal came, and it was made to look so easy, both Bong and Skalak exchanging passes and Bong crossing for Baldock to head in. Around me a few seemed to think Ikeme was at fault, but for me the power of the header was unstoppable.

How would Wolves respond was the question that was asked by myself and the group i travelled with. The only side that looked like scoring again in the first half was Brighton. A side that was well organised and knew how to keep hold of the ball and enjoy long spells of possession. Wolves only chance of note was the Costa one that was dealt well by the Brighton keeper Stockdale.

As with numerous games so far this season Walter Zenga made changes for the start of the second half. I expected Wolves to go for it with the introduction of Bodvarsson and Cavaleiro. But for a few minutes spell after coming on, both disappointed and so did the majority of the side. Bodvarsson probably had Wolves best chance of the half until stoppage time. At the time i credited Sidwell for doing well in taking the sting out of Bodvarsson's effort. Make no mistake about it, Bodvarsson took some stick off Brighton, closed down every time he had the ball and was never given any time on the ball. Cavaleiro struggled, often falling over and never created anything of note. The same could be said about Teixeira.

As with the first half, Brighton looked the more likely to increase their lead, Murray probably could have done better with his. Stoppage time is where Wolves finally came alive looking for the equaliser, Batth so unlucky and so was Costa with their chances. Wolves tried to throw everything at the home side, numerous corners and even Ikeme coming up for one. It's a pity the effort given in injury time wasn't on show for the ninety minutes.

To sum up, another midweek defeat where Wolves failed to show up, a team of individuals still trying to find their way. Too many players in my opinion playing out of their natural positions. Got home at 2am, must be mad!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)