+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 21 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: Guff football is pish

Quote Originally Posted by Skacel View Post
    Nae to defend Sky but it looks like the £18 p/month is for one channel with no contract, cancel anytime like nowtv. If you add a second channel it's £22. It's not £18 per channel, that would be ridiculous.

Or you can buy the whole sports bundle and sign up for a long term subscription.
    Ah ok fair enough I was going by what my da told me, I binned Sky years ago even if its not £18 per sports channel its still a rip off. We were paying the guts of 100 quid a month for it and we were hardly watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Ah ok fair enough I was going by what my da told me, I binned Sky years ago even if its not £18 per sports channel its still a rip off. We were paying the guts of 100 quid a month for it and we were hardly watching it.
    Cancel the lot and listen tae it on the wireless if ye must save yer money for watching the Dons.

I dinnae give any EPL crap the time awf day its utter drivel identikit stadia, over priced and over hyped mince with transfer fees for average players going for exorbitant sums that could wipe out the debt of maist Central African nations in a oner.

Are there any friendlies in Lhasa today? West Ham vs Bournemouth maybe???? GTF

I dont think the guff football is going to be able to carry on the way it is now. I read the other day Arsenal are offering Ozil 280000 pounds a week if he signs a new deal, even with the money these clubs get from Sky and sponsors this gravy train is going to come to an end some time and leave a lot if these clubs in a mess. Especially once the foreign owners get bored and take off on a new hobby.

Speaking of Sky my old man was saying they are now charging you for each Sky Sports channel! Instead of 1,2,3 and 4 the c@nts have got Sky Premier League, Sky Golf, Sky F1 etc and are charging 18 quid a channel, I binned that a long time ago and suggested my dad should do the same but it just shows you that Sky are struggling to pay for the rights of showing Premier league games. It wont be long before they go bust at this rate when they piss off enough folk by charging them ridiculous prices to watch a bunch of millionaires rolling about the ground feigning injury.
    Engerlund football inflation is seriously scary now - has been for a few years - Daniel Levy is right - it's unsustainable in the long term...trouble is how long is long term.
    It will certainly continue for a few years yet...the bubble will not burst anytime soon.

I don't know what the average EPL wage is but i bet it's skyrocketed over 10+ years...and the mug SKY viewers and fans are paying for it.

Mind you being the hypocrite i am i'm using Mania HD and Kodi...but that covers all my sporting needs.

But i can't wait for the day when it does go t*ts up.
    Last edited by The_Verninator; 26-07-2017 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fittiered View Post
    I know sumbody who was paying sky £132 per month!! WTF? I'm sure they Dinna now but were up till earlier this year. Fkn criminal.
    That is the full package like....... Phones, full tv and broadband and maybe more I'm nae sure......
    Yep workmate was paying something similar...i got him to change his broadband and get Kodi and Mania HD...saved a huge amount over the year.

I have no idea why anyone pays for SKY. Even if you were caught up in all the showbiz of the football & pantomime darts, you can still watch it for free

Quote Originally Posted by The_Verninator View Post
    Mind you being the hypocrite i am i'm using Mania HD and Kodi...but that covers all my sporting needs.
    Quick question regarding Kodi,is it worth getting a VPN or is it a con?

Most sites I have been on to install addons suggest getting one so no one can see what you are watching.

Most sites I have been on to install addons suggest getting one so no one can see what you are watching.
    It's worth using a VPN as a lot of them wont cost you anything. I pay about 7 quid a month for IPVanish and find it easy to use home and abroad. I cancelled it for a while then got a warning letter from BT telling me I shouldn't really be downloading Rouge One. Nosey b*stards.

It's not actually the internet service providers who are snooping though. There are companys set up with the sole purpose of monitoring illegal sites and torrent services. They then contact the providers and grass you up.

Another court order from the Premier League.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-40727972

Will apply to main ISPs, can be avoided by choosing an alternative "niche" ISP.

I used to use the hola unblocker extension for Chrome but apparently it's dodgy and should be avoided.

I would recommend getting a VPN - IPVanish/Pure VPN etc etc..good prices at the moment - esp for one or two year deals.

I would get one that doesn't keep any logs.

The free VPN's are a false economy...and many keep logs.

Page 21 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast