+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 72 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast

Thread: Guff football is pish

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post

The past 34 years down South there has, like this season been many a time it has been a very tight finish between various sides, that tends to happen in a league and I guarantee unlike last Saturday when the champions were crowned on our pitch, there was no singing about religion/bigotry that I had to put up with alongside many others......we play football, however, it is not a league......it is a 2 horse bigot fest and sadly I cannot see it changing which is a disgrace.

SF
    People have had the chance to change but never took it.

Henry McLeish is the saviour of scottish fitba. He just winna be allowed to

Ehmmmmm, slow down, since 85 out with the ugly sisters there have been O other winners.

Since 85 down South there have been 10 different winners.

Don’t let facts cloud your judgement regarding leagues now.

SF
    Step away from the shiny things.

Undoubtedly, if you pay folk 200k a week they'll be quite good at football, they'd need to be.

But you need to look at the big picture.

The wedge sloshing about the moneyball league is knocking fu ck out of "the market" (to use a post-Thatcherite term I despise).

Man City are, I'd imagine (I seldom watch them), very good at football.....maybe even quite entertaining to watch.

Ditto a few teams down there.

But the manufactured, plastic, tourist orientated p!sh leaves me cold.

I go on a Bruce Springs**** message board quite often.

There's a Man City fan from St Louis, a Spurs fan from someplace on the Eastern Seaboard, a Chelsea fan from Carolina......etc. etc. etc.

I very much enjoy making reference to the likes of Bobby MacDonald, Paul Futcher, Joe Corrigan, John White, Willie Young, Mike England, Micky Droy, Kerry Dixon and many, many more, just to baffle them.

Fu ck me, the Spurs fan was posting links to articles from Forbes relating to Spurs value viz a viz their new stadium on the various money markets.
    Forbes magazine.........the English first division........think about that.

The soul of fitba has gone.

How many joiners from Moss-side or brickies from Bethnal Green can afford to take their bairns to the match of a Saturday, like their Dads and Grandas did?

And the clubs don't give a flying furry one as lang as their subscribers in the Far East are tuning in.

The quality of the 11 v 11 on the pitch is nae what makes Guffball p!sh, I'd imagine the games midweek were quite entertaining......I wouldnae know cos I dinna hae BT Sports and hae nae remote desire to watch.

Growing up in Stoney it used to continually irk me the amount of cheeks fans cutting about, rather than getting behind their local team.

Now, the lads are growing up with Citeh, Man U, Liverpool, Chelski, Spurs shirts.

They can watch "their" team play thirty plus times a season without leaving their living room.

So the attraction of going to the Pitt, fu ck even to the Girodome or the B@stard Garden, is just nae there.

Hopefully, there's a tipping point coming and this whole shebang blows up in their faces (unfettered capitalism usually does).
    It's nae happening any time soon, but I just hope it does in my lifetime.

I shall smile if it does.

For the past 34 years, our league has been won by 2 clubs......1 club has kiddie on Irish fans, the other club has kiddie on English fans.......they both dislike Scotland which is transparent.

The past 34 years down South there has, like this season been many a time it has been a very tight finish between various sides, that tends to happen in a league and I guarantee unlike last Saturday when the champions were crowned on our pitch, there was no singing about religion/bigotry that I had to put up with alongside many others......we play football, however, it is not a league......it is a 2 horse bigot fest and sadly I cannot see it changing which is a disgrace.

SF
    And you don't see a causal link between this and what's going on in Ingurland and wider?

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    …its about foreign fanboy day trippers
    Bit hypocritical , no ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Maybe if England didn’t have so many Scottish fanboys, our league might be stronger.
    Blame the fans , eh ?

Always had a soft spot for City. Started with Fergies first Manchester derby when Andy Hinchcliffe scored the greatest (non Aberdeen) goal ever scored. David White, Paul Lake, Paul Walsh, Keith Curle loved the lot of them. Then oasis came along and took the fun out it a wee bit, as there was no way you could wear a City top without looking like a prick.

The club died long before the oil money. It was Thaksin Shinawatra & moving out of Moss Side that did it. I bet you there’s plenty of City fans out there would swap it back in a second if they could. I wouldn’t watch them now if they were playing in the back garden

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Step away from the shiny things.

Undoubtedly, if you pay folk 200k a week they'll be quite good at football, they'd need to be.

But you need to look at the big picture.

The wedge sloshing about the moneyball league is knocking fu ck out of "the market" (to use a post-Thatcherite term I despise).

Man City are, I'd imagine (I seldom watch them), very good at football.....maybe even quite entertaining to watch.

Ditto a few teams down there.

But the manufactured, plastic, tourist orientated p!sh leaves me cold.

I go on a Bruce Springs**** message board quite often.

There's a Man City fan from St Louis, a Spurs fan from someplace on the Eastern Seaboard, a Chelsea fan from Carolina......etc. etc. etc.

I very much enjoy making reference to the likes of Bobby MacDonald, Paul Futcher, Joe Corrigan, John White, Willie Young, Mike England, Micky Droy, Kerry Dixon and many, many more, just to baffle them.

Fu ck me, the Spurs fan was posting links to articles from Forbes relating to Spurs value viz a viz their new stadium on the various money markets.
    Forbes magazine.........the English first division........think about that.

The soul of fitba has gone.

How many joiners from Moss-side or brickies from Bethnal Green can afford to take their bairns to the match of a Saturday, like their Dads and Grandas did?

And the clubs don't give a flying furry one as lang as their subscribers in the Far East are tuning in.

The quality of the 11 v 11 on the pitch is nae what makes Guffball p!sh, I'd imagine the games midweek were quite entertaining......I wouldnae know cos I dinna hae BT Sports and hae nae remote desire to watch.

Growing up in Stoney it used to continually irk me the amount of cheeks fans cutting about, rather than getting behind their local team.

Now, the lads are growing up with Citeh, Man U, Liverpool, Chelski, Spurs shirts.

They can watch "their" team play thirty plus times a season without leaving their living room.

So the attraction of going to the Pitt, fu ck even to the Girodome or the B@stard Garden, is just nae there.

Hopefully, there's a tipping point coming and this whole shebang blows up in their faces (unfettered capitalism usually does).
    It's nae happening any time soon, but I just hope it does in my lifetime.

I shall smile if it does.
    Replace EPL with NFL(of which you like), it is a lot more money orientated over there, the salaries and those that go and support their “teams” make it so well......if you do not like guff football, so be it, however I’ve met many a decent sort on my sorties down south and overseas over the years, got offered a ticket from a Stoney loon in Baku this morning, however, committed to golfing already, however, I do know a few “made up chums” that are getting their visas sorted.......some are well heeled, some are not, certainly on my travels I’m normally with the latter.

SF

Jack Jarvis - Man of the People

Check him out at www.drinkingwiththelocals.com

Quote Originally Posted by redstarfk View Post
    Bit hypocritical , no ?
    I can see why you think that.

I dont claim to support the clubs i go to. I support Aberdeen. Nobody else

Plus i go to see the cities, drink their beers and taste their local grub. I was in the Swiss history museum an hour before kick off at Young Boys, i got a taxi straight from Sigmund Freuds house to Rapid Vienna as examples

Im not on a chartered flight fae the Monkey House to Old Trafford or a bus fae Stonehaven to the Emirates

These are holidays for me. People go on a two weeker to the Costa Del Sol or where ever. I do a couple of weekends away and take in fitba when i do it

My hobby is also collecting fitba grounds. These plastic fans wont be at Shotts Bon Accord v Blantyre Victoria tommorow or were at Rot Weiss Oberhausen v Rot Weiss Essen last Saturday. The surely wont have 100 Scottish grounds under their belt which i will on Monday after Dundee North End v Dundee Violet.

This isnt supposed to come across as defensive. Just more to differentiate
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 10-05-2019 at 11:00 AM.

Replace EPL with NFL(of which you like), it is a lot more money orientated over there, the salaries and those that go and support their “teams” make it so well......if you do not like guff football, so be it, however I’ve met many a decent sort on my sorties down south and overseas over the years, got offered a ticket from a Stoney loon in Baku this morning, however, committed to golfing already, however, I do know a few “made up chums” that are getting their visas sorted.......some are well heeled, some are not, certainly on my travels I’m normally with the latter.

SF
    Now, the NFL.......hard to defend in many ways but WAY different from British fitba in so many more.

Yes, the cash flowing about is obscene, but it's played in the most overtly capitalist nation on the planet.

Yet there's a salary cap in place.

Like I say, the NFL is a different, complex argument with many strands.
    But in many ways, it is as it has always been .......albeit with bigger numbers.

Fitba in England was good before it was like it is now, Ipswich, Villa, Forest winning the league, the FA Cup final being one of the year's highlights, when I was a nipper I had a soft spot for West Ham, Bonds, Auld Lampard, Clyde Best etc. but it's way different now.

And it's impossible to view the English league in isolation. What's happening there is causing a Europe, if not Global, wide malaise within the sport.

Hopefully, as Pac said higher up, the top however many European Clubs will fu ck off and form their own wee hegemony and leave the rest of us to rebuild a Europe wide meritocracy.

Page 72 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast