+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 51 of 91 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Guff football is pish

As per the thread title ....

Happened to switch to Sheffield Wednesday vs West Brom for a few minutes the other night while waiting for some other programme to begin. Saw 10 minutes of this eye-bleeding match that was a crime against football. Now, this was a top of the Championship match, a league that is purportedly of a much higher standard than the Sunday League fare we are accused of in Scotland. Top 6 in the SPL would easily compete with, and likely beat, both those teams. Next time I see an EFL match while killing time before another programme I'll think better and nae bother ....

Quote Originally Posted by Landvetter83 View Post
    As per the thread title ....

Happened to switch to Sheffield Wednesday vs West Brom for a few minutes the other night while waiting for some other programme to begin. Saw 10 minutes of this eye-bleeding match that was a crime against football. Now, this was a top of the Championship match, a league that is purportedly of a much higher standard than the Sunday League fare we are accused of in Scotland. Top 6 in the SPL would easily compete with, and likely beat, both those teams. Next time I see an EFL match while killing time before another programme I'll think better and nae bother ....
    I was physically at Middlesbrough v Bolton a few weeks back and it was rotten. My Boro work mate (reason I went down) even apologized for wasting my time getting me down.

Good night out, sound folk in Boro, decent night out after. The football ruined the night

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I was physically at Middlesbrough v Bolton a few weeks back and it was rotten. My Boro work mate (reason I went down) even apologized for wasting my time getting me down.

Good night out, sound folk in Boro, decent night out after. The football ruined the night
    Had a wee session with two Smoggies prior to Springs**** @ Sunderland a few years back.
    Top lads.........affa cu nts for drink, mind

I finished the night a hoor o' a red-up.

3 years ago today Jurgen "I don't do massive transfer fees" Klopp took charge of Murderpool

He has spent 400m in that time

...............oh and won f@ck all

F@cking obscene

If you add that to the money Brendan Rogers spent, that’s a hell of a lot of cash to win f*ck all

I have a friend at work who is Australian and likes football. He claims to support Chelsea.

When he asked me who I support i obviously replied Aberdeen. He looked at me confused like I had 2 heads or something before asking who I support in England.

I told him i don't really follow English football but have been.to a few games at Charlton Athletic with some of my London mates.

He was fairly incredulous at this and when asked why I dont follow the EPL he clearly didnt have a clue what i was on about when i replied ' appart from the obvious being that i am not English, it's **** moneyball for tourists'.

I never got round to asking him why he claims to suppirt a team from the other side of the world.

We were talking about 2 completely different things. When i ask someone what team they support, i assume some kind of affinity or link to the club.

He was meaning what team do you like to watch on the TV.

Unfortunitely that kind of 'supporter' seems to be in the majority these days, especially amoungst my English friends.

Quote Originally Posted by MerklandRoad84 View Post
    I have a friend at work who is Australian and likes football. He claims to support Chelsea.

When he asked me who I support i obviously replied Aberdeen. He looked at me confused like I had 2 heads or something before asking who I support in England.

I told him i don't really follow English football but have been.to a few games at Charlton Athletic with some of my London mates.

He was fairly incredulous at this and when asked why I dont follow the EPL he clearly didnt have a clue what i was on about when i replied ' appart from the obvious being that i am not English, it's **** moneyball for tourists'.

I never got round to asking him why he claims to suppirt a team from the other side of the world.

We were talking about 2 completely different things. When i ask someone what team they support, i assume some kind of affinity or link to the club.

He was meaning what team do you like to watch on the TV.

Unfortunitely that kind of 'supporter' seems to be in the majority these days, especially amoungst my English friends.
    Pertinent points, some regular posters on here have an affinity to “supporting” an NFL team via the TV as well, perhaps the TV scheduling is good regarding their sleep patterns back here in old blighty.....certainly suits mine as I avoid the “sport”.

SF

Ive heard it all now. Murderpool well beaten by "whipping boys" Red Star Belgrade. Steve McMananamanabananaman claims that Red Star are "formidable" as they have a running track. Fantastic clutching at straws there. F@cking buffoon

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Pertinent points, some regular posters on here have an affinity to “supporting” an NFL team via the TV as well, perhaps the TV scheduling is good regarding their sleep patterns back here in old blighty.....certainly suits mine as I avoid the “sport”.

SF
    If I'd the wedge I'd support my NFL team in the flesh mair often but NFL Gamepass is my friend.

I've seen the Jints play in the flesh three times, twice when we played in that London and once in the Meadowlands (MetLife my @r5e). I'll tell you summat, the Yanks can do watching sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post

SF
    You wouldn’t get the sport they don’t celeberate taking part and making up the numbers

Page 51 of 91 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast