+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 79 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast

Thread: Guff football is pish

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I stopped watching when the tag line of "greatest league in the world" was banded about first. Thats when it all started making me want to puke. The hype escalated, teams became play things for rich people and it spiraled out of control and the soul quickly dissapeared
    They've been banging on about "The Greatest League in the World (tm)" since at least the 60s.

Quote Originally Posted by dons8321 View Post
    They've been banging on about "The Greatest League in the World (tm)" since at least the 60s.
    But it went nuclear in the last 10ish years.they thought money makes the best. C@nts

Went to Fulham Newcastle match on Sunday. Cost a fortune for a half decent seat near dugouts. Some good ideas at the ground - priority queues for disabled fans, decent beer, loads of food. Served food all game (I know - encourages fannies to keep going out) but it did mean that you could have a pie and a pint at the end of the game. Might be an idea to allow for gradual dispersement at when we move to the Gobi.

Seat was dirty enough for me to get a wet tissue to try and clean some of it off. (yes - ponce). Terrace was very shallow - obviously an ex-standing area which hadn't been properly converted to seating. Apparently, they are pulling down this stand in the summer and building a new one. The chairman/owner seems quite popular with the fans I spoke with.

The Archibald Leitch stand is quite wonderful from the street side but wouldn't fancy watching the game from it.

They also have a "neutral" area - which was full of Geordies.

Lad sitting next to me (Newcastle shirt) and girlfriend (Fulham top - she was nice). Newcastle scored the first goal and the camera phone was going so mental that he didn't realise they had scored a second. She did. What should have happened after our eyes met and she realised I thought her boyfriend was a prat and I realised that she agreed with me, didn't. Her loss.

Overall - quite enjoyable. Pac would have given it a 5/10. I hope. Having seen every Dons match this season, the football was much better than yer average SPFL match. Fulham were - bizarrely - the better team box to box but where it mattered they were third.

Lot of good, honest fans there but still a few tourists - plastic bags full of souvenirs. Boy and girl left early (I'd moved by then to save her from temptation). But there's a difference between "tourist" and "football fans". Pac and I are very different but neither of us are "tourists" - we are both football fans.

Quote Originally Posted by deaconred View Post
    Went to Fulham Newcastle match on Sunday. Cost a fortune for a half decent seat near dugouts. Some good ideas at the ground - priority queues for disabled fans, decent beer, loads of food. Served food all game (I know - encourages fannies to keep going out) but it did mean that you could have a pie and a pint at the end of the game. Might be an idea to allow for gradual dispersement at when we move to the Gobi.

Seat was dirty enough for me to get a wet tissue to try and clean some of it off. (yes - ponce). Terrace was very shallow - obviously an ex-standing area which hadn't been properly converted to seating. Apparently, they are pulling down this stand in the summer and building a new one. The chairman/owner seems quite popular with the fans I spoke with.

The Archibald Leitch stand is quite wonderful from the street side but wouldn't fancy watching the game from it.

Lad sitting next to me (Newcastle shirt) and girlfriend (Fulham top - she was nice). Newcastle scored the first goal and the camera phone was going so mental that he didn't realise they had scored a second. She did. What should have happened after our eyes met and she realised I thought her boyfriend was a prat and I realised that she agreed with me, didn't. Her loss.

Overall - quite enjoyable. Pac would have given it a 5/10. I hope. Having seen every Dons match this season, the football was much better than yer average SPFL match. Fulham were - bizarrely - the better team box to box but where it mattered they were third.

Lot of good, honest fans there but still a few tourists - plastic bags full of souvenirs. Boy and girl left early (I'd moved by then to save her from temptation). But there's a difference between "tourist" and "football fans". Pac and I are very different but neither of us are "tourists" - we are both football fans.
    I went to Fulham many moons ago v Wolves. Good day out. Plenty of quirks there. Its also without sounding cliched a "family club". You see heaps of Grandad, Dad and son walking through the big park (Bishops Park i think) from the Putney Bridge tube station.

Best ground i have been to in guffball. Been to 9 or 10

I also saw the greatest performance ive seen in the flesh there.he was absolutley immense. Danny Murphy f@cking ran the show.

Also saw Bobby Zamora break his leg

I was in the neutral stand behind the goal

More than a 5

Great!

Walking from the tube to the ground was really good.

I'm pleased you enjoyed it as much as i did.

Pretty decent programme as well.

A random one on Craven Cottage. My uncle was a copper in London. He told me he used to do the football on a Saturday. When their weekend jobs were being given out everyone had their fingers crossed they were put to Craven Cottage. That was the top job on a Saturday.

Also to note if Liverpool in town fingers were crossed to be nowhere near their looting, violent ticketless fans. (any chance for a dig i know, but its true) He hated them. Same goes for Stamford Bridge. Nobody wanted to go there either

I watched the championship play-offs this week and they were great. Plenty of drama and real fans watching Villa v WBA & Leeds v Derby (I am a Leeds fan unfortunately).
    The Premiership encapsulates all of what is wrong with guffball, but the championship is a decent league.

Quote Originally Posted by deaconred View Post

Flagrant Rules breaches all over the place. "Fulham top - she was nice" - needs elaboration.

Quote Originally Posted by StandfreeFM View Post
    Flagrant Rules breaches all over the place. "Fulham top - she was nice" - needs elaboration.
    Nothing ***ist. She obviously appreciated the finer aspects of the game. She must have had the top for a while as it had shrunk a wee bit in the wash.

I suppose somebody was going to do it...

Name:  52F0D207-5F29-431F-BE72-5E1497A0C2DB.jpg
Views: 824
Size:  16.0 KB

Page 79 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast