+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 33 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast

Thread: Guff football is pish

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    It won't. They can play to empty stadiums and it would make no difference. The cash is from China (Asia), Middle East & Africa. The billions watching the EPL will increase. It's been marketed very well. Did you notice the El Classico kicked off at midday last weekend for the first time ever and are you aware why? It is because the EPL is diluting La Liga viewing figures hugely they kicked off so early to achieve a global audience. Every big league in world football is running scared and dwarfed by the financial power of the EPL. Football will continue to push toward an elite 30 clubs. I expect the CL and Europa to finish and a global league to form. It's the main reason why I see no need for a 50M stadium with the future of football in Scotland an unknown.
    Celtic are gearing up for it and are making contingency plans. So I've heard anyway.

I also think the new stadium is pointless just now. We can't even feed off the EPL.

It'll all blow up at some point but then there will be generations of Scots just losing interest in football completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    I suppose Liverpool are paying for him with the money they will get from flogging Coutinho to Barcelona in January. That will give their fans something new to whinge about.
    An over-rated player (along with Neymar) and part of the worst Brazilian team in living memory. Still, quids in, the Chinese folks buying into the TV rights won't notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Hairdrier View Post
    An over-rated player (along with Neymar) and part of the worst Brazilian team in living memory. Still, quids in, the Chinese folks buying into the TV rights won't notice.
    You obviously don't remember Brazil in the 1990 world cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    You obviously don't remember Brazil in the 1990 world cup.
    I do - led by 'Dunga' and put out of the tournament by Argentina with Maradona in the side. None of them on ludicrous wages though, perhaps before Bosman?
    Last edited by Hairdrier; 28-12-2017 at 08:45 PM.

Surprised nobody has mentioned the fact that this super duper duper duper super mega ace league has been well and truly pissed by Abu Dhabi City.

Its not the only league to be fair.

But for the guffball, Germany, France, Spain, Scotland, to be sewn up by Christmas shows where football is heading. Its becoming a bit pointless

The only top league that hasn't been won by the money super powers is Italy where there are only 9 points separating the top 5.

Portugals has a decent 3 way race going too but its the 3 rich clubs

Basel who are on par with the Celtic gulf in finances in our league are the only team I can see not top of their league. ,mon the Young Boys (a club with a very similar history to us)

To add I notice Belgium has been pissed too by Brugges
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 29-12-2017 at 06:52 AM.

Just an observation. As im at work guffball is always on in the TV room. Last night Burnley v the Mersey Murderers and tonight Abu Dhabi Mercenaries v Watford. Both game have something in common. Lots of empty seats. Are the supporters starting to realise for themselves

@ £15m, does not seem a lot in today’s hyperinflated guff market. However, I feel this one deserves a mention.

Ross Barkley from Everton to Chelsea for £15m. He had not played for 7 months due to a hamstring injury and is out of contract end of 2017/2018 season.

What the absolute fvck throws away money like that. Absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    @ £15m, does not seem a lot in today’s hyperinflated guff market. However, I feel this one deserves a mention.

Ross Barkley from Everton to Chelsea for £15m. He had not played for 7 months due to a hamstring injury and is out of contract end of 2017/2018 season.

What the absolute fvck throws away money like that. Absurd.
    Do medicals not exist anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Do medicals not exist anymore
    Not since the”Zander Diamond to Fertz was called off because of his dodgy ankle”. That would have been our best transfer ever. Seemingly Romanov instructed the signing because he thought the name “Diamond” sounded ace.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Just an observation. As im at work guffball is always on in the TV room. Last night Burnley v the Mersey Murderers and tonight Abu Dhabi Mercenaries v Watford. Both game have something in common. Lots of empty seats. Are the supporters starting to realise for themselves

Fans are no longer needed as the crazy money the clubs get for just being in the league from tv rights etc covers everything clubs at the middle to bottom end will ever need.

Page 33 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast