+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 61 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread: Guff football is pish

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I broke my highest ticket last month when I payed 60 euros to see Bologna v Juventus.
    I'm ashamed to admit that in 2013 I paid £110 for a PSG v OM match... That's by far the most I've ever paid.

Although, I would have paid £200-£250 for the League decider in 1991 had I had that type of money. As it was, I was 16 and didn't have any money anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Was that online or thru a supporters club?
    When the nitty/gritty in the CL comes home to roost, the tickets that hold the briefs make a f ucking fortune.....serious candy to be made, thankfully I’ve only missed out once when I refused to pay the “going rate” after being stung prior to flying to a certain final, however, I’ve witnessed so many folk over the years ensuring the police/stewards get a fine supper.....next time Barca play an English club in Camp Nou and the cameras pan up......try and see an aisle or someone sitting.
    Nah public sale. Spent day after day checking for public sale and got first thing in the morning the day they came out.

Did the same for Atalanta v Inter last season

Both games were sell outs. Just need a bit of determination. I wouldn't go over 60 euros. Id be searching out another game if it went higher

Ive just organized a Holland trip for when im home. Two top tier and on second tier (NEC, Heerenveen and PEC Zwolle) and the three tickets don't come to 60 euros

Nah public sale. Spent day after day checking for public sale and got first thing in the morning the day they came out.

Did the same for Atalanta v Inter last season

Both games were sell outs. Just need a bit of determination. I wouldn't go over 60 euros. Id be searching out another game if it went higher

Ive just organized a Holland trip for when im home. Two top tier and on second tier (NEC, Heerenveen and PEC Zwolle) and the three tickets don't come to 60 euros
    It is all relative as to who are actually playing and at what stage of the competition, in my case generally the CL .

90 minutes of kicking a ball about.

Travelled a fair bit up and down over Hadrians wall and further afield watching a certain English club for well over 30 odd years now...
    I'm amazed on a thread devoted to Guff football being pish that this comment has been allowed to pass without closer scrutiny. Standards have slipped.

My hunch is as follows:-

Misguided devotion to Fergie leads JJ to spend some of that (not-so) hard earned O&G wages on travelling down to Manchester with his chums/mates/fellow bores from the 19th hole to watch the 'Red Devils' at 'The Theatre of Dreams', spending more than a few penfolds in city centre wine bars and on all associated japes that ensue.

That sounds uncannily accurate.

You must know him personally.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    That sounds uncannily accurate.

You must know him personally.
    Not at all. But I know a gloryhunter when I spot one.

Quote Originally Posted by StandfreeFM View Post
    I'm amazed on a thread devoted to Guff football being pish that this comment has been allowed to pass without closer scrutiny. Standards have slipped.

Misguided devotion to Fergie leads JJ to spend some of that (not-so) hard earned O&G wages on travelling down to Manchester with his chums/mates/fellow bores from the 19th hole to watch the 'Red Devils' at 'The Theatre of Dreams', spending more than a few penfolds in city centre wine bars and on all associated japes that ensue.
    I’m thinking roughly the same thing, except with Tottenham. ‘Stevie Archibald, mind him like? Do you? Do you? Had a beard, was on top of the pops with Chas n Dave. He played for us as well...’

Quote Originally Posted by StandfreeFM View Post

Miles off the mark, only time I’ve been at Old Trafford was Martin Buchan’s testimonial.......was an interesting evening......anyway, I have watched manure on many occasions with mates though in finals etc.

Miles off the mark, only time I’ve been at Old Trafford was Martin Buchan’s testimonial.......was an interesting evening......anyway, I have watched manure on many occasions with mates though in finals etc.

Accrington Stanley?

Accrington Stanley?
    Doubt it. Champions League games are this man's bread and butter. I suppose that we should be grateful that he has deigned to impart some of that hard earned football knowledge gleaned from the high echelons of football on us serfs.

Personally I'd rather stab myself in eye with a dart than go to that bloated b0llocks.

Page 61 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast