+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 60 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Thread: Guff football is pish

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    It took me a while, I initially thought he was interfering with himself.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47570578

That lasted long.
    Won't stop him telling other managers where they are going wrong when he returns to punditry.

Just been reading a bit on the BBC website that emphasises the madness of English football and chasing the dream of promotion to the Premier League. Last season 13 of the teams spent more than their entire income on players wages never mind the 101 other costs that a football club will have. 17 teams have reported to date with a total loss of £366M (an average loss of more than £20M each). Wolves lost £60M and Cardiff £40M to get promoted. Villa lost more than £50M and didn't. Birmingham lost £40M (part of the losses that have just got them a 9 point deduction).

It's all just complete madness chasing the TV money of the top league that they will just spunk on even more expensive players anyway.

Truly truly mad, the lot of them

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Just been reading a bit on the BBC website that emphasises the madness of English football and chasing the dream of promotion to the Premier League. Last season 13 of the teams spent more than their entire income on players wages never mind the 101 other costs that a football club will have. 17 teams have reported to date with a total loss of £366M (an average loss of more than £20M each). Wolves lost £60M and Cardiff £40M to get promoted. Villa lost more than £50M and didn't. Birmingham lost £40M (part of the losses that have just got them a 9 point deduction).

It's all just complete madness chasing the TV money of the top league that they will just spunk on even more expensive players anyway.

Truly truly mad, the lot of them
    You can get more entertainment watching money shy Juniors and HFL. Thats the best bit.

Who cares about being rich. Thats why i gave up watching guffball a long time ago. Its nae about the fitba now. Thatsvwhy its all wrong and anyone who follows it spending 50 quid a game is a complete fanny

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    You can get more entertainment watching money shy Juniors and HFL. Thats the best bit.

Who cares about being rich. Thats why i gave up watching guffball a long time ago. Its nae about the fitba now. Thatsvwhy its all wrong and anyone who follows it spending 50 quid a game is a complete fanny
    Travelled a fair bit up and down over Hadrians wall and further afield watching a certain English club for well over 30 odd years now, these days I’m mainly to be found like last weekend at Garthdee/Inverdee/Glenury or such like, however I will be travelling soon to watch a team that I’ve had many a good time with like minded over the years......a few old Mannie’s but nae phannies tbh.

The latest instalment, this time from Spurs

https://twitter.com/thespursweb/stat...037341187?s=21

Nothing wrong with fitba tourism min.

If you are there for the fitba and not just the experience and also f@ck ever paying 100 quid for a game.
    I was willing to pay upwards of 50€ for a Kosovo v Bulgaria ticket but it just wasn't possible. Not a tout to be seen and people were asking me for a ticket

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    I was willing to pay upwards of 50€ for a Kosovo v Bulgaria ticket but it just wasn't possible. Not a tout to be seen and people were asking me for a ticket
    I broke my highest ticket last month when I payed 60 euros to see Bologna v Juventus.

As for spurs

That's sad as f@ck

I broke my highest ticket last month when I payed 60 euros to see Bologna v Juventus.
    Was that online or thru a supporters club?
    When the nitty/gritty in the CL comes home to roost, the tickets that hold the briefs make a f ucking fortune.....serious candy to be made, thankfully I’ve only missed out once when I refused to pay the “going rate” after being stung prior to flying to a certain final, however, I’ve witnessed so many folk over the years ensuring the police/stewards get a fine supper.....next time Barca play an English club in Camp Nou and the cameras pan up......try and see an aisle or someone sitting.

Page 60 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast