+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 48 of 91 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: Guff football is pish

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    I remember the first time I went to San Siro being prepared to have to pay a heap to get in.
    Fair enough I was in the top row behind the goals but it was cheaper than Pittodrie.
    I also got to see a hat trick from Marco van Basten in my end.

Anyway, I presume that the three London prices you gave me were for the dearer seats, the days of me going to see West Ham and Spurs for a few quid are obviously over but how are you supposed to be able to afford to take a couple of kids with you to see your team?

It's not sustainable, we all know that, but I wish it would all collapse soon and give us all a laugh.
    Like every other bubble, it will burst one day. Its the nature of the world.

Even if Aberdeen were spending £200m a season on the best players in the world and winning everything, i still wouldnt pay £100 a ticket. Some folk slag off Scottish football, but give me real fitba over the hyped up pomp down south any day.

And when the bubble does burst... English playboy footballers out of jobs, clubs getting liquidated, stadiums closing down, fans protesting, panic on the streets of London... magic.
    Last edited by Stupie82; 10-08-2018 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post

Said it before and I’ll say it again - anyone paying for Sky Sports from up here (actually from anywhere really) should take a long hard look at themselves....
    This with bells on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    This with bells on.
    Gave up both BT and Sky about 3 years ago. Cant believe I was spending £50 a month to only occasionally see an Aberdeen game. Waste of money and Moog is right, anyone still paying for it needs to ask themselves why. Its not even good value...

Great article on the "bubble" from Forbes.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewb...it-will-burst/
    Last edited by Stupie82; 10-08-2018 at 11:46 AM.

I remember the first time I went to San Siro being prepared to have to pay a heap to get in.
    Fair enough I was in the top row behind the goals but it was cheaper than Pittodrie.
    I also got to see a hat trick from Marco van Basten in my end.

Anyway, I presume that the three London prices you gave me were for the dearer seats, the days of me going to see West Ham and Spurs for a few quid are obviously over but how are you supposed to be able to afford to take a couple of kids with you to see your team?

It's not sustainable, we all know that, but I wish it would all collapse soon and give us all a laugh.
    Aye that's the dearer but the average cheaper is 50 quid barring these miniscule amounts of cheap tickets which are just a ploy so they look better on paper

40 Euros for a one off to the San Siro is worth it. Imagine having to pay 50 upwards every other week. F@ck that

It's nae just a case of "f'uck that" I just couldn't afford it

I certainly couldn't have afforded it when I was taking my 3 kids.

If it's still a working man's sport down south then the working man earns a lot more than me (something I have long suspected)

EDIT

Things donsdaft can't afford that your average minker seems to manage nae bother

Smoke
    Drink in Aberdeen pubs
    Have Sky TV
    Order take away meals
    Get his nails done, (female minkers only)

^^^^^ This would include all forms of unspeakable female pampering

Get out of my face
    Actually feed my devil dug

Only wear "designer" (that has to be said in the minkiest Aberdeen accent you can manage)

I'm going to ad to this as the day goes on
    Last edited by donsdaft; 10-08-2018 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    The tickets prices are going up. Its going to be half empty grounds soon.

Good. F@ck the EPL
    Unfortunately 50K people inside the ground doesn't make a significant difference. Every pub and coffee shop across the ME and FE is full. The $$$ keep coming.

It's nae just a case of "f'uck that" I just couldn't afford it

I certainly couldn't have afforded it when I was taking my 3 kids.

If it's still a working man's sport down south then the working man earns a lot more than me (something I have long suspected)

EDIT

Things donsdaft can't afford that your average minker seems to manage nae bother

Smoke
    Drink in Aberdeen pubs
    Have Sky TV
    Order take away meals
    Get his nails done, (female minkers only)

^^^^^ This would include all forms of unspeakable female pampering

Get out of my face
    Actually feed my devil dug

Only wear "designer" (that has to be said in the minkiest Aberdeen accent you can manage)

I'm going to ad to this as the day goes on
    😂😂
    Donsdaft
    Now that Kenny MacLean has gone and your views on him are only mentioned 3 times a week, you are back to being my favourite poster on here (well now that Walter no longer posts)
    Look forward to this list being added to - it is not only amusing but so ****ing true.
    Also allows me to tell the kids not to go into the optical business

Ach, there's money to be made in optics but best if you're an optician and not a loon with 3 o'levels.

But opticians are weird min.

Mind you they have to spend their entire life in a small darkened room saying " is that better or worse" to folk who's reply could be something like " Tuesday "

I suppose that affects the mind.

..... aye ... and blin' happy clappers fa, regardless o' the letters on the chart, and sizes thereof, will say C . O . Y . R . 1 . 9 . O . 3 . 2 . S . T . A . R . S . I . N . D . E . E . K . W . E . T . R . U . S . T . G . I . R . F . U . Y . Y . A . H . U . N . C . U . N . T . S .....

..... Ha ha ha ha ....

.... or .... over tae you

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44850888

Some of the stats in the above article are staggering.

"...Bournemouth, with the smallest ground capacity in the Premier League of just 11,450 and who intend to build a bigger stadium, had a turnover of almost £136.5m in 2016-17, with £5.2m from tickets. That is less than 4p in every £1 of its income for the season."

"...Bolton Wanderers - a club that has staved off threats of administration in recent years - spent £12.6m on staffing but made just £8.26m before tax and other costs. That is 153% of its turnover for the year."

Those subscribing to BT and Sky... time for a rethink.

Page 48 of 91 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast