+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Replying to threads on this site

Replying to threads on this site

I'm having a mare. I appear to get timed out a lot, after about a minute. My typing skills are not the fastest but not the slowest either. Any more than 3 or 4 lines and I can't post it, it just disappears and I can't be bothered to start again. When I rush it through and manage to post it, I shudder in shame at the spelling mistakes.
    Should I pre-type a reply and copy and paste it over? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have the same problem Exile when I press post I find I have been logged out. However whilst you are typing have you noticed the flashing yellow light at the bottom right of the reply box it says Auto Saved. So when you are logged off by the site simply sign back in again go back to the thread press reply you should find your post still there so either you can finish typing or if post is complete just post to thread.

Hope that makes sense.

Ahhhhhhh, cheers Rosie .

I don't have that problem but the adverts are still doing my head in and the site is quite jittery and slow but not sure if that's my laptop

I've made like 1/2 dozen responses over the last 6 months, so whatever has changed it has taken a bloody long time to fix

Mobile devices are a nightmare for these boards, Mac desktop however has none of the above

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)