+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Inside Out ....7:30 Tomorrow Night ...BBC 1

Inside Out ....7:30 Tomorrow Night ...BBC 1

A feature on this programme tomorrow night about, the Swansea fan that died at Millmoor in 2000

Trouble with this is its only on half an hour and usually more than one story so don't get much detail

Quite a deal of coverage but trying too hard to link it to Hillsborough without giving prominence to the violence perpetrated by Swansea supporters - which may or may not have prompted the police horses being sent in. I was on the Tivoli and all I saw were bricks raining down on the fans on Millmoor Lane, many of them fathers with young children. I don't doubt that some Millers fans threw them back from whence they came, can't condone their action - but can't blame them either in the circumstances. But hardly the pitched battle between two sets of supporters which was the impression given.
    Last edited by leedsmiller; 21-10-2016 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by leedsmiller View Post
    Quite a deal of coverage but trying too hard to link it to Hillsborough without giving prominence to the violence perpetrated by Swansea supporters - which may or may not have prompted the police horses being sent in. I was on the Tivoli and all I saw were bricks raining down on the fans on Millmoor Lane, many of them fathers with young children. I don't doubt that some Millers fans threw them back from whence they came, can't condone their action - but can't blame them either in the circumstances. But hardly the pitched battle between two sets of supporters which was the impression given.
    Like you LM i had gone into the tivoli with my lad, 11 at the time, and there was loads of missiles going over, i felt kind of unwarranted as i hadn't seen much before the game, and like you say some millers sent them back, maybe wrong, but there was always going to be a reaction. My mate happened to be the ambulance paramedic who attended, and while trying to sort out the bloke who was trampled, they were getting assaulted by Swansea fans, don't get me wrong, i'm not saying every Swansea fan was at it, far from it, we all know what it was like back then supporting your club, very tribal, but the vast majority just went for the football like today, but back then the idiots were allowed to reign...

I was in Millmoor Lane when the rocks started being thrown. A police officer actually stopped us from standing against them wall for our safety whilst he hugged the wall.

Incredibly stupid from the police officer. I ran under the cover of the Tivoli