+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can't win

Quote Originally Posted by PAULCAFC View Post
    .....poor today and there seems to be a lack of inspiration now esp from management.....

And that was what struck me on Saturday.
    I left the ground feeling quite flat, needing a lift and apart from the "massed ranks" in the GRE whose support was excellent, there was little ON the pitch to provide it.
    These lads needs some sort of rallying cry to get them going again.
    There is talent there, I'm sure of it, it just needs to be tapped.
    With SD now the 4th longest serving manager in the UK, maybe it is time for a change.
    It's funny how things seem oh so different at home games.

And is it me or are Yeovil, another average team in an average league, starting to become our bogey team?
    That's the 3rd time I've seen them turn us over at Gresty Road, and then there's the 1-0, 2-0 and 3-2 down at Huish Park. No bragging rights in my family that's for sure!

Good post, Paul, but where were you when we were "riding high" earlier this season?
    Either you were on holiday, or you were speechless or you're a closet Vale fan who just can't wait for the next slip?
    I'll spare you the last one!!

Quote Originally Posted by thnhouse View Post
    Much as Saturday was frustrating and the last month is equally annoying I don't think sacking Davis is the answer, and I'm not a big fan of him.

We are the better side in most games now, which is a considerably better situation that I expected, and the youngsters are showing signs of developing.

The problem is that if we're dominating games and not scoring then it must be an issue upfront and I don't think he has the bottle to drop either Dagnall or Lowe. Those two are great when we can get the ball in behind or play on the counter but we're coming up against teams that know all they have to do is drop deep to stop us. We need a plan B to play with one of them in the games when we're struggling to break a side down or against sides we know are going to sit.

One of Davis's problems has always been if something works one week he sticks with it way too long, but that’s not a sackable offence. I say give him till Christmas. No idea what Collins has done wrong, other than being a player during "The Gradi Years" which some people see as a dark time rather than the most successful period in the clubs history.
    Have to disagree with you. Believe your comments are mostly wishful thinking. For a lot of this season we have been a dreadful team, totally lacking any plan or balance. Have to confess that at half time I honestly wished I had stayed at home. It really was that bad. Plus there is no sign that it is going to improve. Exactly like previous seasons. For me I see no reason for continuing with the present management for even one more day.

I swing heavily towards thnhouse's comments. First half was, as the ancient cliché goes, end to end stuff and I think we looked much better than Yeovil. Their manager saw our weak point and the long ball game began. We looked much better on the ground.
    Second half was awful. A poor side outplayed us.

I also agree about Dagnall and Lowe. On Saturday the front four, including Cooper and Kiwomya, were below par, but I wondered about taking Dagnall off (he was being mastered by their defence) and putting, perhaps, Udoh on. Udoh might have run right at the defence, which would have given a little more space to Lowe. That's pure conjecture.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLeicester View Post
    I swing heavily towards thnhouse's comments. First half was, as the ancient cliché goes, end to end stuff and I think we looked much better than Yeovil. Their manager saw our weak point and the long ball game began. We looked much better on the ground.
    Second half was awful. A poor side outplayed us.

I also agree about Dagnall and Lowe. On Saturday the front four, including Cooper and Kiwomya, were below par, but I wondered about taking Dagnall off (he was being mastered by their defence) and putting, perhaps, Udoh on. Udoh might have run right at the defence, which would have given a little more space to Lowe. That's pure conjecture.
    Agree. Instead of like for like in the midfield every game why not give Udoh a run whilst saving Lowe or Dagnalls legs a bit?

Thnhouse is it not a fact that James Collins is our 1st team coach? So is it unfair to blame him for the dreadful tactics displayed be our team for ages? Our faults are so glaringly obvious. That is precisely why we have not won for seven games. And that is against what most people agree are poor teams. I stand by my comments. Get rid of Collins and give SD a short period to put it right.

Quote Originally Posted by ruocul View Post
    Thnhouse is it not a fact that James Collins is our 1st team coach? So is it unfair to blame him for the dreadful tactics displayed be our team for ages? Our faults are so glaringly obvious. That is precisely why we have not won for seven games. And that is against what most people agree are poor teams. I stand by my comments. Get rid of Collins and give SD a short period to put it right.

You're not really telling me what Collins has done wrong to deserve this?

Davis is the person who picks the tactics and the team, Collins is responsible for advising him on this and coaching the players.

For the first time in a while a lot of the first team are showing signs of improving as players and Davis is where the buck stops when it comes to tactics.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12