+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't win

Can't win

I'm concerned as it's now seven without a win, poor form and very few goals, it's getting worrying now as we slip to mid table, poor today and there seems to be a lack of inspiration now esp from management, maybe now it's time for a change of manager? any other comments?
    Last edited by PAULCAFC; 22-10-2016 at 04:16 PM.

You could be right, Paul. I think we have the players to succeed in this league but a fresh face is needed and one who knows about the Crewe way, which we have not seen a lot of recently.
    Marcus Bignot would be my choice. Young, successful at a lower level, ambitious and knows the club.

Quote Originally Posted by weymouthalex View Post
    You could be right, Paul. I think we have the players to succeed in this league but a fresh face is needed and one who knows about the Crewe way, which we have not seen a lot of recently.
    Marcus Bignot would be my choice. Young, successful at a lower level, ambitious and knows the club.
    Tactically poor and not getting the best out of this squad. Rattles on about his strikeforce - 6 in 7, 10 conceded

We came down a league

I think we are on slow slide down the league and if we are not careful it could be another relegation battle . If we are to make anything of this season and all the pundits say its a poor league then we must change the manager now. It is obvious to any one watching the team play that we are lacking attacking play with passion. We need a manager who will lift the team and thiis needs to come from outside of the club

Under performing team, clueless tactics, poor substitutions, no urgency with the play we look too lethargic. Lose the next three games (Orient, Chesterfield and Cheltenham) then he has to go in my opinion. I feel a new manager with fresh ideas can get the best out of this group of players.

Agree with the comments above. We are starting to slide and it is difficult to see when the next league win will occur. I think that we do have a decent bunch of players, but SD has long exhausted his ability to motivate and get the best out of them. Taxi for SD cannot be far off at this rate. At the start of the season, I said we would finish in mid-table, but I had not thought we would now be wondering when we will next win a game, and in a lower division too.

Woeful, clueless, no midfield, cannot string 3 passes together unless they are back passes. Tactics, what tactics? The correct team won. They wanted it more than us.

I am led to believe that the system???? we are using is the creation of our much qualified assistant manager James Collins. Living in his own little fantasy world. Yes we most certainly need changes to our management team. In fact it is way overdue.

For me I would dismiss James Collins tomorrow. Bring in a new assistant manager from outside the club, something that is sorely needed. And please lets forget al these comments about the Crewe Way. Lets have an assistant who is motivated by winning. At the same time tomorrow I would tell SD he has until Christmas to get it right. That this utter garbage is not acceptable.

As for the directors when are they going to start acting like real men, instead of a bunch of wet, soggy , limp hanger ons.

Saw this week that Walsall posted another year of making a profit for the 11th successful season. And that is on similar gates.

Why do we have to wait for three more defeats? This is the fourth consecutive season of decline. We have no plan B and this season we have no plan A. Two lines of four on the edge of the penalty area is not a plan. Lack of fitness amongst the academy players is consistent. Cooper can barely manage 60 minutes, not good enough. The only players who run for 90 minutes are Dagnall and Turton. The Gradi philosphy of "let the ball do the work" is outdated. When you do not have possession you need to work hard, not retreat and form a line on the edge of the box. Pep Guardiola wants his City players to work their a**e off for him. I would just like to see our players work. The exit of Steve Davis is long overdue. Change now before it is too late.

We're chasing every game too always coming from behind and never in control, that is worrying!

Much as Saturday was frustrating and the last month is equally annoying I don't think sacking Davis is the answer, and I'm not a big fan of him.

We are the better side in most games now, which is a considerably better situation that I expected, and the youngsters are showing signs of developing.

The problem is that if we're dominating games and not scoring then it must be an issue upfront and I don't think he has the bottle to drop either Dagnall or Lowe. Those two are great when we can get the ball in behind or play on the counter but we're coming up against teams that know all they have to do is drop deep to stop us. We need a plan B to play with one of them in the games when we're struggling to break a side down or against sides we know are going to sit.

One of Davis's problems has always been if something works one week he sticks with it way too long, but that’s not a sackable offence. I say give him till Christmas. No idea what Collins has done wrong, other than being a player during "The Gradi Years" which some people see as a dark time rather than the most successful period in the clubs history.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast