+ Visit Birmingham City FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Evening bluenoses

Evening bluenoses

Seems like years since I've been here, that's probably cos it is

Remember when we used to be all over each other's board, the banter was brilliant, you guys had the General, Bassman, Eoin, Bolty, Bluesince etc, ..... You still about boys? ......

Then you went and got bought by the Triads and never spoke to us for years 😄😊😀 ...

So next week we can all look forward to the real "Brummie Derby" I'm bored with playing the Bogrolls, they never replaced you lot as our bitter rivals .... And they never will.

Next weeks a hard one to call ..... You lot are flying high and looking pretty decent, we on the other hand have been useless ..... Up to this week ... When an old mate of yours ...... Potatoe head .... Stepped in and showed us - how not to lose games ...

Got a feeling that the Brucester is one of them lucky managers and could cause a shock next week and St Andrews .. Waddya think bluenoses

Is there anybody there ............

This place .... Is goin like a ghost town ..... Bands don't play no more ...... Too much fightin on the dance floor!!!

replied on your site this one passed away

In case anyone reads this. Well played Blues. You had a lot more idea than our lot.

A shame this one died. I think these types of message boards are going the way of the dinosaur. Hard to compete with modern social media platforms.

I'm still here Iwuz, though in common with a number of others, not so much these days (years!). There was something of a golden period of cross-message board contacts and I think they were driven by a relatively small core of people who enjoyed the fun and appreciated each other's humour. It sort of tailed off and I miss it-a good point is made further down the thread, other types of social media seem to have taken the front seats....
    All the best to you and to other posters from "back then".

Quote Originally Posted by stateside View Post
    In case anyone reads this. Well played Blues. You had a lot more idea than our lot.
    Gracious as I remember you my friend-I hope all's good with you and yours.

Quote Originally Posted by ozfan View Post
    A shame this one died. I think these types of message boards are going the way of the dinosaur. Hard to compete with modern social media platforms.
    Yes, it would appear so-a pity, there was a good vibe most of the time.

Thanks-it's a long time I know but I look back at some of the exchanges with a great degree of warmth!

Good to hear from you Eoin, we had some great banter and wind ups on here didn't we ... Like you say all dried up now ...

Hey I remember a conversation with yourself about a gig we both attended in 74 ... Wembley stadium ... Stakeridge, Rufus, Joe Walsh, Jackson Browne, Eagles, Beach boys, Elton John ... Eagles and Beach boys stole the show for me ..... Had some great days T Wembly since winning league cups ahInst Norwich, Everton, Manure and Leeds ... But none compare with thT day in the sunshine singing along to Wouldn't it be nice and California girls .... my passions have always been music and footie ... Music lives on but football for me is dying ... Can't be doing with modern day chavvy footballers .... Give me Charlie Aitken, Barry Bridges, Bruce Rioch, Trevor Hockey Brian Little and Trevor Francis every time ....

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)