+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Come out come out

Aucks, could not / would not disagree with that in any way.
    Yes you're correct, and this is why many are critted as using Venkys as an excuse not to attend.
    But I'm a great believer in 'human nature'. And with that (for me personally) the older I get I find the less tolerant I am of change. I don't mean change per se but any that I see as unnecessary and / or detrimental.
    There is a saying : 'you cannot stop progress', but when faced with such you have two options; reign against it, or embrace it.
    WRT this discuss, to accept/embrace it, is do-able for some but not others. Human nature.
    For myself, I am neither one or other, in that (as and when) I attend Ewood I do with no qualms . Likewise, my lack of regular attendance is influenced by lack of commitment (for want of a better descriptive), this brought about by all of the factors you list above.

If this makes me a cantankerous old git, well so be it.😏

UTB's
    Last edited by Despair; 01-11-2016 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Despair View Post
    Aucks, could not / would not disagree with that in any way.
    Yes you're correct, and this is why many are critted as using Venkys as an excuse not to attend.
    But I'm a great believer in 'human nature'. And with that (for me personally) the older I get I find the less tolerant I am of change. I don't mean change per se but any that I see as unnecessary and / or detrimental.
    There is a saying : 'you cannot stop progress', but when faced with such you have two options; reign against it, or embrace it.
    WRT this discuss, to accept/embrace it, is do-able for some but not others. Human nature.
    For myself, I am neither one or other, in that (as and when) I attend Ewood I do with no qualms . Likewise, my lack of regular attendance is influenced by lack of commitment (for want of a better descriptive), this brought about by all of the factors you list above.

If this makes me a cantankerous old git, well so be it.😏

UTB's
    Excellent post, Despair. Puts everything in perspective.
    I'm not there, so it's easy for me to talk. The thing is, though, I know what I'm like about sport in general and Rovers in particular. If I WAS there, I know I wouldn't be able to resist going along, whatever was happening off the pitch.
    That's why I spend a lot of time on Saturday afternoons watching pretty dire park football here. Often, I am supposed to be out exercising on my bike, but I find it hard to cycle past a game!

if Venky's walked away today ....who pays the players wages?? Talk about stupid. The club would fold straight away and that would be it. Go, support your team as they need it, and stop moaning constantly. They are far from the best owners around, but if they walked right now (luckily they have no intention of doing so) the club would die an instant death. All that history gone in one day. Because a few thick looking yocal locals. That on sat was embarrassing. This really needs to stop, folk seem to have totally lost the plot. Asking for this lot to leave now, is asking for your own side to fold. Or are you completely choosing to ignore not one person wants to buy us. Not one. Its ok all this .....if we went down to the bottom of the football pyramid we will all join hands and go and watch 'our local club' that we won back! Total and utter *******s. They would have nothing to do with the club that has a rich tradition, and would play games in front of one man and a dog on some park in Blackburn. The club is having a pretty tough time. The manager is trying under difficult cirumstances. The 11 who turn out are playing in blue and white halves. They need support. Its that simple. The owners are thousnads of miles away paying everyones wages. And people want that to stop? Overnight? So we can fold? What utter crap.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    if Venky's walked away today ....who pays the players wages?? Talk about stupid. The club would fold straight away and that would be it. Go, support your team as they need it, and stop moaning constantly. They are far from the best owners around, but if they walked right now (luckily they have no intention of doing so) the club would die an instant death. All that history gone in one day. Because a few thick looking yocal locals. That on sat was embarrassing. This really needs to stop, folk seem to have totally lost the plot. Asking for this lot to leave now, is asking for your own side to fold. Or are you completely choosing to ignore not one person wants to buy us. Not one. Its ok all this .....if we went down to the bottom of the football pyramid we will all join hands and go and watch 'our local club' that we won back! Total and utter *******s. They would have nothing to do with the club that has a rich tradition, and would play games in front of one man and a dog on some park in Blackburn. The club is having a pretty tough time. The manager is trying under difficult cirumstances. The 11 who turn out are playing in blue and white halves. They need support. Its that simple. The owners are thousnads of miles away paying everyones wages. And people want that to stop? Overnight? So we can fold? What utter crap.
    You could never be accused of being half-hearted in your views, Champs.
    I wouldn't be quite as scathing as you are, but I do agree that it's not easy to see an alternative to Venky's at the moment.
    It reminds me of Brexit to some extent: a lot of people who voted to leave weren't actually clear what would happen next.
    If a genuine contender - preferably with local links - came along with a well thought out plan for the Club's future and the cash to back it up, I would jump at the chance to see the back of the current owners.
    Until that happens, though, I can't really see how we can do without Venky's, however clueless. We would just be jumping into a void if they left.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    You could never be accused of being half-hearted in your views, Champs.
    I wouldn't be quite as scathing as you are, but I do agree that it's not easy to see an alternative to Venky's at the moment.
    It reminds me of Brexit to some extent: a lot of people who voted to leave weren't actually clear what would happen next.
    If a genuine contender - preferably with local links - came along with a well thought out plan for the Club's future and the cash to back it up, I would jump at the chance to see the back of the current owners.
    Until that happens, though, I can't really see how we can do without Venky's, however clueless. We would just be jumping into a void if they left.
    FFS Aucks.."It reminds me of Brexit to some extent: a lot of people who voted to leave weren't actually clear what would happen next."

You really do have no idea ,you have got it wrong...substitute the word "remain" for leave ... Of course we knew what was going to to happen next ..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    FFS Aucks.."It reminds me of Brexit to some extent: a lot of people who voted to leave weren't actually clear what would happen next."

You really do have no idea ,you have got it wrong...substitute the word "remain" for leave ... Of course we knew what was going to to happen next ..
    What? The economic chaos? And the people who said they weren't sure what the EU was, anyway?
    You have to admit, Alf, a lot of the people who voted on your side were voting AGAINST something - not FOR something.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    What? The economic chaos? And the people who said they weren't sure what the EU was, anyway?
    You have to admit, Alf, a lot of the people who voted on your side were voting AGAINST something - not FOR something.
    You will be telling me next that the 17 million plus that voted to leave are all racists and bigots Aucks.. The Eu is phooked and its just a matter of time wneh we leave be it sooner or later..

Sick of the protest stuff, I now post on the far more upbeat up the clarets, where most accept me despite being a rover.

Blackburn rovers as a football club are doomed
    under venkys we are treated to a slow death if they leave it will be a quick one
    I can see fully where you are coming from champs about if they leave we are well and truly goosed but are we not anyway?
    Look at all the transfer fees we have had coming in over the years
    yes I am aware a large portion of this has gone to running this club but I am not stupid the odd bits has gone into their pockets
    if you don't invest the decline will occur
    when the inevitable happens and we drop to league 1 what next?
    Ewood up for sale?
    training ground?
    all these items are saleable assets and when they go so will venkys
    administration with no home or no hope of survival as a club
    so I reiterate
    slow death or quick one?

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    You will be telling me next that the 17 million plus that voted to leave are all racists and bigots Aucks.. The Eu is phooked and its just a matter of time wneh we leave be it sooner or later..
    No - only a small percentage fall into that category, Alf. All I'm saying is many people had no clear idea of what the future might hold. They just wanted out.
    Very similar to Rovers under Venky's!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)