+ Visit Doncaster Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ferguson ratings

Well, I'm pleased to see that we are back in League One, which is where we were when Fergie joined us two seasons ago. Also that he has made an early start by transfer listing players. By all accounts he is already well advanced in negotiations for players he wants to join the squad.
    It does concern me that he is still criticising his players in public (something I mentioned last October above). I consider that to be bad form at any time, but I particularly fail to see the logic of doing so at a time when we want to sell them to other clubs.
    Our performance in the last few matches of the season was lamentable, and still gives me concern regarding Fergie's motivational skills. I hope he will be able to achieve better results at the start of next season. As far as I am concerned we need to be in the top half of the table consistently next season. Only then would I consider that he has achieved some measure of success.

Well we can't blame him totally for not keeping afloat a sinking ship (resulting in relegation from League One), and getting promoted first time of asking has to be a positive sign, even if the season did end on a low note. Here's hoping he's able to bring in the players he needs (notably consolidation of the midfield), in order to build upon last season's achievements....

While as being disappointed as everyone at the final run in at the end of the day we got promoted. But come Christmas if we're not among the front runners I think Firguson will be looking over his shoulder

Passion, that's the thing we need, passion.

Long after Ferguson jnr has left the club, along with all the current players, fans like us will still be following the Rovers because we have passion for the club. What we need is players with the same passion, and that's where it has all gone wrong at times. We had 16 games without a win last season, and at the end of this season we had 5 games without a win as soon as we were promoted. Winning the title should have been easy for any team with the lead we had and in our position. But we did not have the same passion as Argle and Pompey had and couldn't even beat the relegated Hartlepool.

I live in hope, like everyone else, that we are in the playoffs next season but unless the passion and spine has returned to the club and players, the best we can hope for is to stay up in L1. I can live with a team that fights hard and loses to better teams, but find it hard to respect a squad that doesn't even try. I was disappointed with last season, and the last 5 games of this season reminded me that attitude has not gone away. Ferguson has proved that he does not have the character to address the issue when the players switch off for several games in a row.

Lack of passion previously got us relegated and this season cost us the title. If we are not in the top half of the table next Christmas it's time to replace the manager and most players for someone who has passion for Rovers. I want to see the passion to play 90 minutes and for 46 games, and not give in to complacency. If they have no passion to play football go and stack shelves at Tesco.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12