+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: McGhee OUT

McGhee OUT

This dire season just keeps on plummeting new depths and tonight - no shots on target against Inverness CT at his me plus a 0-3 defeat - was the last straw.

I will not be back at Fir Park until McGhee is gone.

His radio interview ...."first half neck and neck...team spirit evaporated after the first goal...the most disappointing 45 minutes since I've come back..."

Team spirit evaporated...yet he stood by with his arms folded and his face tripping him and did nothing to change things. And not for the first time either.

We are going absolutely nowhere as a club and our manager doesn't give a ****. We need drastic change.

Quote Originally Posted by jwok View Post
    His radio interview ...."first half neck and neck...team spirit evaporated after the first goal...the most disappointing 45 minutes since I've come back..."
    Thats harsh I thought his comment before the Celtic game should have rallied every Motherwell fan ..."if we are going to lose we need to lose in the right manner"

Dreadful. High balls into one of the most solid defences in the league. Not a shot on target. Nothing.
    1 win in 9 games. The manager is an arrogant cock and should do the decent thing. His tactics are appalling and apart from 30 mins against accies we have been utter garbage all season.
    There will be no one left to see us go down as the fans are just accepting it, apathy has set in.
    Plenty of hungry young managers out there that would do a better job. Signing players from lower leagues in the hope they can be sold on, FFS what's happening to our club. Too many mistakes have been made and bringing back McGhee was one of the biggest.

I couldn't believe that when I heard it.

Quote Originally Posted by andyss1886 View Post
    I couldn't believe that when I heard it.
    The Scottish game is rife with that attitude thats why our games dying on its @rse. Jim Duffy asked after the Aberdeen game how he felt ... he doesn't say "gutted we should have done better" .. no he says "we all know Aberdeen are a fabulous team and it was always going to be difficult"... in other words its OK to lose to a piss poor Aberdeen team on the day no harm done. Its a cancer in our game and among supporters, acceptance of sh1te is now an official Scottish trait.

When we have grassroots football without leagues then it doesn't matter where you win or lose and losing just becomes acceptable.It certainly doesn't help when your manager has no idea on formation,tactics,or strengths and weaknesses of both his own team or the opposition.

Just as in his first spell with us Mark McGhee had a good first season and a poor second one. Perhaps thats a tad premature, as we're only in late October but the signs are not good. I was one of the few pleased to see him return and stabilise the team but now must question his decision making with regard to team selection, tactics and last but by no means least, signing record.

Quote Originally Posted by andyss1886 View Post
    There will be no one left to see us go down as the fans are just accepting it, apathy has set in.
    Plenty of hungry young managers out there that would do a better job. Signing players from lower leagues in the hope they can be sold on, FFS what's happening to our club. Too many mistakes have been made and bringing back McGhee was one of the biggest.
    McGhee more than steadied the ship last season when, quite frankly, we looked absolutely ****ed. October is too early to condemn him for this year, hugely worrying though the signs are. There are plenty of bizarre things going on but for me the biggest is why a club of our very limited resources bothers signing two first choice keepers and then refuses to drop one of them for playing like Samson...Brill must look like a sieve at training.

I think criticising McGhee for signing players to try to sell them on is harsh though...how else will the club survive? He gets panned by some for resigning the old guard, if you fill the team with untested kids they will be - at best - inconsistent while they develop. Cadden took time to settle, McMillan and McLean may or may not come good - but unless you've got serious blue chip prospects, there's no way of avoiding a messy start.

As for accepting us going down, yep, I definitely have. It's where we deserve to be - the fan base is dwindling and of those left not enough are able/willing to do something. No one wants to buy us so as sure as night follows day we will end up at a level which is sustainable and that's not going to be the top-flight. Long-term, it's a question of of first division or nothing so I've more than made my peace with that even if the actual process of getting relegated (be it this season or in the next couple of years) will no doubt be a rank misery.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)