Could it possibly be 3-5-2? Whatever shape it is you have to wonder if it will make any difference ? Steve Davis and James Collins the formation is not the issue. The issue is that we have a team (particularly the midfield) that is not competing, not closing down, and not tackling. It also appears that a lot of our own young players are either not fit or feel that they only have to go through the motions.

As for the quality young loan Chelsea winger, who SD is now talking about playing down the middle. The fact is he is a natural right winger, and he has been played on the wrong wing. Yes as he grows there is every likelihood that he will become a striker, but I feel it is asking too much from him at this stage.

We are now a league2 team and I think the best tactics are to emulate Liverpools in their face super fit game. Because of the limited technical abilities of most league2 sides I am convinced they would find it hard to cope.

Incidently when Steve Davis originally took charge those were the exact tactics he adopted, and which were so successful. Wonder what happened to them????