+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Samson

Samson

I know he's never going to win player of the year and is a bit of a hate figure for some of our fans but that today at the end of the game was disgusting and an embarrassment.
    Last couple of minute he catches the ball and the sarcastic cheers, aye fair enough maybe deserves that. But then shouts of abuse that you've heard dished out to some of the worst opponents over the years. He was running the last seconds of the game out FFS. He had a decent game into the bargain. It's a team game, we maybe have a moan and think they're no good but that was out of order.
    Poor guy was gutted. Not even a look up to the support. One minute getting to ready to celebrate a fine win then receive a shouts like that from your own fans? Mental stuff.
    How anyone can justify that kind of treatment to a player wearing a Well shirt is beyond me. The shouts they made were actually a fine description of them selfs.

I was a bit surprised to hear the derogatory shouts when he made the easy catch late on. I can't say I'm a fan of his, but you have to get behind whoever pulls the jersey on.

Maybe not everyone's favourite,but certainly didn't deserve the abuse,had an outstanding game at Celtic when fans were applauding him for some of his saves.People with the shortest memories in the world have to be football fans.Hope yesterday's abuse don't get to Samson better for fans to try to get behind him and hopefully he will turn them back onto his side.He won't be the last player at our club who has had to do this to win the fans over.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)