+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Who Do You Want At The Helm?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Next Wolves Manager/Head Coach.

Lambert's betting odds seem to be going up. I have to imagine he's the favorite. Of the three - Lambert, Pearson, and Sherwood - Lambert seems to make the most sense to me.

Don't think it'll matter much who comes in- come January the owners will spot we're not in the knock-out stages of the Champions League and sack them.

The new Vincent Tan- just pray he doesn't decide blue and white stripes are lucky

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzledWolf View Post
    Recently heard someone mention Curbishley !!! By saying this I realise I risk ridicule, but if he was available and interested, I'd take him ahead of Sam and the rest of them on that list. I still remember how, with comparatively limited resources, he kept Charlton competitive in the 'Prem' for a number of years.
    I know he's had a brief spell in some capacity with Fulham recently, but i think he's been out the game too long.

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganWolf View Post
    Lambert's betting odds seem to be going up. I have to imagine he's the favorite. Of the three - Lambert, Pearson, and Sherwood - Lambert seems to make the most sense to me.
    Lambert's the one i'm expecting to be announced as the new man for Wolves. He's had two difficult managerial jobs at Villa and Blackburn. He did well at Norwich. If Wolves do get him in, i hope can prove a lot of the doubter's wrong.

Almost every manager in football has failed somewhere! As fans, it takes a lot less effort to find a reason we don't want someone than to really think about it to try and find a reason we do. We, and I mean most of us, only seem to be prepared to view a potential candidate on his last job. Perfectly understandable, especially if you believe the adage "you're only worth as much as your last pay check. In most managers cases these days that amounts to a severance pay-off. In Lambert's case that was Villa. Forget Blackburn, he resigned from them and given the Venky's record you can't really blame him for not achieving much there, apart from keeping them up before walking out the door. So lets look at his time at Villa. He went to them on the back of three very good managerial statistics where he had built a reputation for playing some very attractive stuff. During hi time at Norwich, while we were embarrassing ourselves with our own managerial appointments I wanted us to go and try and lure him down here! He went to Villa on the back of false promises by an owner who had clearly already given up on the club and wanted rid of it. From the moment the ink was dry on his Villa contract the terms changed and he was challenged to cut the playing staff and wages and still keep them in the Premier League. He achieved that, just.....and in his time at Villa the only time he was really given anything decent to spend he bought Benteke. Now back to us. Most of us were amazed when Walter got the gig here. Most of us were concerned that the agent Mendes was pulling the string behind the scenes to line his own pockets and even though we had a few decent results, and Walter appeared to be a very charismatic manager it didn't take much to see his history repeating itself. my worry once he'd gone was that Mendes would again pull the strings and we'd end up with another coach who couldn't bring his own players in and would have to juggle and hope. I, like most of us wanted an English manager, and a manager to boot that wouldn't accept the mendes philosophy but would want to manage the club from top to bottom where the playing staff was concerned. Again, like most I wanted Big Sam, but as he appeared to rule himself out and the list gaining most attention from the bookies were British managers I started to believe we would at last be going down the route most of us wanted. So now it looks like it will be Paul Lambert, and after giving it some thought if it turns out to be the Lambert of Colchester and Norwich then I am not going to be too disappointed.

Tim Nash says it looks like Lambert to Wolves is pretty much a done deal. I imagine he still has a connection or two within Wolves.

If it is Lambert I will be more than happy.

I might go and ask my buddies on the Villa mad forum about what they really thought of Lambert.

Quote Originally Posted by Newcy Wolf View Post
    I might go and ask my buddies on the Villa mad forum about what they really thought of Lambert.
    Oh Go on then I was going to but it'll be better coming from you!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)