+ Visit Scotland Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Poppy fascism season

Quote Originally Posted by redscot View Post
    I really hope you are joking, these clunts have gone through many a "safe" country but still want to be let into the UK at all costs.

P.s. The Guardian
    So you don't know that they're 'wasters' then? And if people want to come to the UK to work, they should be made welcome, our government has certainly played their part in the mess in places like Syria. The media have made immigration the biggest story in politics as per my earlier point, ignoring poverty, inequality & economics in the process. If you want a debate about immigration, look at the tabloid front pages or watch Question Time on a Thursday night. The media love people like you because it blinds you to the bigger picture.

If you actually read The Guardian link you would see it's merely pointing out what papers were covering which stories on their front pages in the lead up to the recent referendum, personally I don't read The Guardian, it was one of the first links that came up on Google when I looked.

Well done Mook for standing up against the petty minded bigots on here. They don't understand the term 'reasoned argument' in any way shape or form.

Quote Originally Posted by GFLower View Post
    Well done Mook for standing up against the petty minded bigots on here. They don't understand the term 'reasoned argument' in any way shape or form.
    Cheers, it's hard work on here at times.

Mook is now mirroring ‘King Kenny’ after the 4-4 cup draw with Everton back in 91, poor Kenny had to have a lie down on the secure wing of Ashworh Hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by Mook1 View Post
    So you don't know that they're 'wasters' then? And if people want to come to the UK to work, they should be made welcome, our government has certainly played their part in the mess in places like Syria. The media have made immigration the biggest story in politics as per my earlier point, ignoring poverty, inequality & economics in the process. If you want a debate about immigration, look at the tabloid front pages or watch Question Time on a Thursday night. The media love people like you because it blinds you to the bigger picture.

If you actually read The Guardian link you would see it's merely pointing out what papers were covering which stories on their front pages in the lead up to the recent referendum, personally I don't read The Guardian, it was one of the first links that came up on Google when I looked.
    Yet again utter p!sh from you....why do they not want to "work" in any of the countries they have been through but are hell bent on getting to the UK ?

"People like you" ...dearie me.

Quote Originally Posted by GFLower View Post
    Away an knit another jumper ya phanny.

Quote Originally Posted by redscot View Post
    Yet again utter p!sh from you....why do they not want to "work" in any of the countries they have been through but are hell bent on getting to the UK ?

"People like you" ...dearie me.
    Maybe because they feel they can make more money here to send back to their families, would you not go where you could do likewise?

Yes, 'people like you' who swallow the media's immigration rhetoric without stopping to question anything.

Going back to the op about the poppies, I have to agree with him, I have worn a poppy for more years than I care to remember, pay my respects at the Cenotaph on the Sunday, and have done till now without telling anyone I do it, to me this supercedes any argument any one may have about it, as you know I personally felt disgusted by the banners and the boos at Celtic, as I've stated ump**** times on here, i don't think it has any place in a football ground, to me, it is just a commemoration of those who have died in war, nothing more, but seemingly no more, I feel now that I am being told I must wear a poppy by these poppy police, where were these feckers 30 odd years ago, where are they at the Cenotaph?most of weren't born I presume,imo These injured servicemen SHOULD be looked after by the government not left to the poppy sales, that should just be a nice extra. Now I'm in the position of telling folk to go feck themselves when they tell me I should wear a poppy.

Here sevvy gonnae point oot these folk demanding you must wear a poppy.
    If you don't want to wear one don't wear one, on the other hand if you wear one because you choose to for your own reasons then why be influenced by others?

Quote Originally Posted by Mook1 View Post
    Maybe because they feel they can make more money here to send back to their families, would you not go where you could do likewise?

Yes, 'people like you' who swallow the media's immigration rhetoric without stopping to question anything.

No way, you are at it.

"Make more money to send back to their families" ??....that will be the families they have abandoned and left in such dangerous peril that they had to flee through numerous safe countries just to get to the UK ?

As for the media..if i was running for my life i would stop running at the first safe haven i arrived at and would make damn sure my loved ones were with me.

You are an utter gift to spongers.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)