+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Queen of the South Nil

Queen of the South Nil

As you'll all know Queens haven't scored a league goal during the last 5 games . What's our chances of scoring this weekend or actually picking up some points ? Our luck has got to change sooner or later

Queens 0 Hibs 0
    Dumbarton 0 Queens 0
    Queens 0 Morton 5
    Ayr United 1 Queens 0
    Raith Rover 1 Queens 0

And sandwiched in between those league games we've had

Rangers 5 Queens 0
    Queens 0 Linfield 0 ( won 2-0 after extra-time )

When was the last time we failed to score 5 league games in a row ?

I thought this was going to be an updated version of that old, old joke, "What are the names of the four senior football clubs located in Glasgow?" Celtic, Rangers, Queens Park and Partick Thistle Nil.

I have seen some very poor Queens teams in my time of which this current side ISN'T one . Even the poorest never went that long without scoring so this is quite bizarre and cant remember anything like it. We went into that Rangers game scoring for fun and who could have foreseen this seven matches later ?
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 01-11-2016 at 04:17 PM.

Psychology my dear JR its all down to psychology, or in the case of Cresswell the odd wind up, - which is effectively the same thing!

If you believe in yourself and apply yourself properly then that is a lethal combination, but any other pairing is disastrous.

Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919 View Post
    As you'll all know Queens haven't scored a league goal during the last 5 games . What's our chances of scoring this weekend or actually picking up some points ? Our luck has got to change sooner or later

Queens 0 Hibs 0
    Dumbarton 0 Queens 0
    Queens 0 Morton 5
    Ayr United 1 Queens 0
    Raith Rover 1 Queens 0

And sandwiched in between those league games we've had

Rangers 5 Queens 0
    Queens 0 Linfield 0 ( won 2-0 after extra-time )

When was the last time we failed to score 5 league games in a row ?
    Someone on Pie and Bovril believes that Queens went 6 league games in 1925 without scoring a goal, which is apparently the club record.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    I have seen some very poor Queens teams in my time of which this current side ISN'T one . Even the poorest never went that long without scoring so this is quite bizarre and cant remember anything like it. We went into that Rangers game scoring for fun and who could have foreseen this seven matches later ?
    JRS, is it really as you bizarre as you imply? Analyse our scoring record in competitive games this season. In six cup games we scored six**** goals but no fewer than twelve of these were against lower league opposition and seven came in one game against Stenhousemuir who are already looking like strong favourites for relegation to the SPFL Division 2. The league campaign started well, but it was not Queens who were scoring for fun; it was Lyle with five and Dobbie with six - that is to say, they have scored eleven out of the four**** league goals scored by Queens, with Millar, Dykes and Brotherston contributing one each. As you are aware, Lyle has been out injured in recent weeks. What is bizarre is the form slump of Dobbie at the same time, for which I can offer no explanation. Get Dobbie back to his earlier scoring form and Queens may be back on track.

Cresswell, you are correct with regards to Dobbie's performances. I can't quite put my finger on the problem, but a combination of a little bit of apathy, laziness and thinking he is too good for the Championship definitely crept into Dobbie's psyche.

There were definite hints during the Linfield game, while against Morton he simply couldn't be bothered. Although he has stepped up a gear once again, the other teams know that if they snuff Dobbie out then Queens are impotent, - which once again will affect Dobbie's game as frustration will creep in.

The obvious reason why Queens did so well earlier in the season is that we had Derek Lyle who is a handful, - as well as Hilson buzzing around like a demented bee, along with Dykes and Anderson or Brotherston all causing havoc in the opposition defence. Dykes and Brotherston were both new players and defences had no idea what they were going to do, - so that combined with Hilson and Lyle gave Dobbie much more time.

What Queens really need is Hilson and Danny Carmichael unleashed, along with Lyle and the goals will start to come back.

Queens now down to 5th place in the table after Morton's first victory in 19 years over their huge rivals St Mirren.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Queens now down to 5th place in the table after Morton's first victory in 19 years over their huge rivals St Mirren.
    Albeit on goal difference but still in 5th and out of the play-off places.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)