+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Predictor 2016-17 - Week 17+ - Championship - Sat 5 November

Give the man a coconut please and put the results up!

Quote Originally Posted by Bagapapa View Post
    Give the man a coconut please and put the results up!
    That would be good.

Any updates soon?

Results...
    Tuesday

Morton 3-1 St Mirren
    Saturday
    Ayr Utd 0-3 Hibernian
    Dunfermline Athletic 0-0 Raith Rovers
    Falkirk 1-1 Morton
    Queen of the South 1-4 Dundee Utd
    St Mirren 0-1 Dumbarton
    Tuesday
    Dundee Utd 1-0 Dunfermline Athletic
    Friday
    England 3-0 Scotland
    Malta 0-1 Slovenia
    Slovakia 4-0 Lithuania

Sane_Man, your predictions for Saturday's games were too late for me to accept. Sorry.

Points scored...

Updated tables...

Thanks for that.

"Sane_Man, your predictions for Saturday's games were too late for me to accept. Sorry."

This was a mistake. As previously stated, I thought that Sane_Man posted his predictions about 30mins too late for the Saturday games on this thread but had not realised that at on occasion the times of posts on this board were displayed as GMT+1.

So, the points that Sane_Man should have scored are included on the link below. This has affected the points scored by three other players. The Falkirk-Morton game which ended in a draw was initially only predicted correctly by Francis_begbie, TOSHSON and wull2001. They scored bonus points due to being the only 3 out of 14 to get that game right. However, with Sane_Man's correct prediction (making it 4 players out of 15 to predict the draw) this tipped this game out of "shock" territory so the bonus points awarded had to be deducted from the original 3 players. This is unfortunate to say the least but unavoidable, I feel.

In summary, the changes to the points scored is as follows:
    Sane_Man +5 more than originally awarded,
    Francis_begbie -3,
    TOSHSON -1,
    wull2001 -1

This also affected the Player of the Month table for November, also updated on the link below, although did not change the original winner, McGuffie2.

Corrected points scored in Week 17 and amended November Player of the Month table...

The points changed will be reflected in the Overall table from the Week 24 thread onwards. I've opted not to update the tables on the threads from Week 18 to 23 with the amended points totals for Francis_begbie, Sane_Man, TOSHSON and wull2001.

I hope this mistake doesn't affect the integrity of this competition too much and may, in fact, (somehow!!) give confidence that any error made on my part will not go uncorrected.
    Last edited by QOS_MAD_ADMIN; 13-01-2017 at 10:49 AM.

Your honesty is most appreciated.

Thanks for your integrity.
    Last edited by Sane_Man; 13-01-2017 at 06:23 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)