+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Bri's next charity night.

O/T Bri's next charity night.

Hi lads ive just booked my 4th charity night, this time at the trades club on 15th July..hope this time the trades doesn't shut without notice 3 weeks before eh?..lol
    Anyhow i'll be doing it in aid of dementia & diabetes as my Dad has dementia & a few of my family members suffer from diabetes so its my way of putting something back i guess.
    Tickets will be £5 and i'll start selling them in the new yr sometime.
    I'll let you know further details later on...just thought i'd gove you all a heads up on it..hope you can all get to it..really want to fill the trades.
    Cheers Bri
    Last edited by CAMiller; 11-08-2017 at 04:44 AM.

I'm making this a sticky as it'll save time on bumping it. I'll also leave it open for everyone to post on it.

Cheers pal...

Quote Originally Posted by vespabri View Post
    Hi lads ive just booked my 4th charity night, this time at the trades club on 15th July..hope this time the trades doesn't shut without notice 3 weeks before eh?..lol
    Anyhow i'll be doing it in aid of dementia & diabetes as my Dad has dementia & a few of my family members suffer from diabetes so its my way of putting something back i guess.
    Tickets will be £5 and i'll start selling them in the new yr sometime.
    I'll let you know further details later on...just thought i'd gove you all a heads up on it..hope you can all get to it..really want to fill the trades.
    Cheers Bri
    Great to see you still looking to help others ...looking forward to supporting you pal

Cheers Brin....!!

Well done Bri and good luck. My mother is in a similar position to your dad.

Well done from me BRI.

My mum had dementia and it is a most awful illness which attracts the worst of care from the NHS.

Great stuff Bri.

There cant be many people on the planet who cant relate to these causes pal.

Top bloke!!

Count me in for a really good cause.
    Hope you raise a decent amount.

Good Luck Bri

My Dad who is 95 has had dementia for some years now and having fallen recently, he underwent surgery for a broken hip a month ago. Kempo is spot on, the treatment/care he had in hospital was laughable and none of the nursing staff had a clue when it came to nursing him. They complained to me that he wasn't eating or drinking or taking medicines. They didn't realise that by putting medicines on his bedside table and telling him to swallow them that he would forget to do that seconds after they had left him. It wasn't a case of not wanting to eat or drink or take medicines, he just didn't know how to.

We now have him back at his care home where they love him to bits. This time though he won't make it. Trauma from the fall will end his life according to the doctor and I reckon he has only a few weeks left if that. He won't get out of bed now and that means a 30% muscle deterioration within 10 days. He is just about drinking but eating nothing. For the first time last week he didn't know who I was. Dad I said I'm Pete, your son but there was an unemotional response. Seconds later he asked if I was a very good friend. I told him I was.

I have found the best way to reignite something within him is to play a CD of war time songs - Vera Lynn. Suddenly he breaks into song. Painful for us but smashin to see him having a great time.

As you will know Bri, the last 5-7 years have been a haul, dealing with a person you care about who struggles to communicate and where inside his head, confusion reigns. Dementia is a terrible disease.

I won't be there in body on your night Bri but in spirit yes and like before, I will support you financially.

Good luck mate and well done.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast