+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Plymouth- bust or promotion

Plymouth- bust or promotion

I am not really that interested in the next two matches except for the money we might get if we win. What concerns me more is the Plymouth game on November 12th . They are the top team and this match will see how far our squad has come and what they have in reserve if anything. If we get a draw or win from the game I feel that we stand a good chance of promotion but a defeat will start a slide that we will struggle to stop . The young players are starting to come good and this game will give them a chance to show us their full potential. I feel this will be a game of football and not kick and run as so many games have been so far this season .

Quote Originally Posted by jamesdad View Post
    I am not really that interested in the next two matches except for the money we might get if we win. What concerns me more is the Plymouth game on November 12th . They are the top team and this match will see how far our squad has come and what they have in reserve if anything. If we get a draw or win from the game I feel that we stand a good chance of promotion but a defeat will start a slide that we will struggle to stop . The young players are starting to come good and this game will give them a chance to show us their full potential. I feel this will be a game of football and not kick and run as so many games have been so far this season .
    I am inclined to agree that we can anticipate a game of football. But to suggest that a defeat at the hands of the runaway leaders is bordering on the ridiculous. You are virtually saying that we are in a relegation battle should we fail to take anything from this match. This is almost making Itwasin look positive!

Well all commentators say how poor this league is this season and Plymouth appear to be the only team playing football . So if we think we are above the rubbish that is being played in the league then this game will be a bench mark for us supporters and the club how the season will pan out. If we want to get out of this league we have to beat the best teams , I am just being honest with my views. The club might be happy for another season in this league as it appears the crowds are holding up for home games but I would rather get promoted and have more local teams visit us next season .

Quote Originally Posted by jamesdad View Post
    .....but I would rather get promoted and have more local teams visit us next season .

Yes - and no!