+ Visit Scotland Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Good news for Scotland

Stewarty, all ministers are evasive with their replies however Fallon came to Glasgow to tell the shipbuilders that the 8 Frigates and also 2 offshore patrol boats would be built on the Clyde. In addition as we know there are 2 aircraft carriers being
    fitted out in Rosyth So as the OP has said its good news for Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodie80 View Post
    Very true Noahrab, The SNP and their freedom fighter followers would not be happy if the uk government gave Scotland's workers hundreds of thousands of jobs. They would still find fault with it as all they care about is independence at any cost to Scotland and its people
    Stop licking the board bullies @rse Bodie he doesn't like you and it makes you look like a groveling little pipsqueak. Learn to do what everybody else does ignore the loud mouthed browbeater.

Now I will state for the record I'm very happy there will now be work for those on the Clyde. They have a fantastic record of Shipbuilding and in my view they will do the best job. Now the question is was the blackmail they used in 2014 removed by Fallon's refusal to answer a straightforward question ? BAE have issued a statement ..

“BAE confirmed to STV News that there is nothing in the contract that would prevent work continuing on the Clyde in the event of a Yes vote in another referendum.”
    How I analyze this is... A win win for an Independent Scotland. Is your view if we vote for Independence they will take this order away ?

Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
    Stewarty, all ministers are evasive with their replies however Fallon came to Glasgow to tell the shipbuilders that the 8 Frigates and also 2 offshore patrol boats would be built on the Clyde. In addition as we know there are 2 aircraft carriers being
    fitted out in Rosyth So as the OP has said its good news for Scotland.
    Claw I'm in a 100% agreement with you its is great news for those workers on the Clyde in all the world there's nobody can do a better job than them. The real question is if Scotland decides to be Independent will those contract's be honoured. It seems BAE are now saying there is nothing in the contract that say the work would be removed

“BAE confirmed to STV News that there is nothing in the contract that would prevent work continuing on the Clyde in the event of a Yes vote in another referendum.”

Why wouldn't Fallon answer that simple question ? Could it be he didn't want to admit that the work is now there WHATEVER happens to Scotland constitutional situation ?

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    Stop licking the board bullies @rse Bodie he doesn't like you and it makes you look like a groveling little pipsqueak. Learn to do what everybody else does ignore the loud mouthed browbeater.

Now I will state for the record I'm very happy there will now be work for those on the Clyde. They have a fantastic record of Shipbuilding and in my view they will do the best job. Now the question is was the blackmail they used in 2014 removed by Fallon's refusal to answer a straightforward question ? BAE have issued a statement ..

How I analyze this is... A win win for an Independent Scotland. Is your view if we vote for Independence they will take this order away ?
    Wee Willie seems to be wee Willie feartie now

The UK gov doesn't put warships out to be built outwith the uk.

I'm not lickimg anyone's erse Stewarty and if Noaharab likes me or dislikes me only he knows and it doesn't change my life one bit. And I don't see him coming across as a bully, it's an Internet forum for goodness sake.
    My view is we will not vote for independence so the contract will be safe and these men will have the security of work for a long time

I'm not lickimg anyone's erse Stewarty and if Noaharab likes me or dislikes me only he knows and it doesn't change my life one bit. And I don't see him coming across as a bully, it's an Internet forum for goodness sake.
    My view is we will not vote for independence so the contract will be safe and these men will have the security of work for a long time
    See you just don't know what will happen in the future Bodie. Its quite possible there will be another referendum and its also quite possible we could vote Yes this time. So indulge me for a minute. If we did vote for our Independence do you think the rUK would cancel the contract with BAE ? What would be the legal position on this ? And as BAE are saying there is NO proviso to end the contract if Scotland goes independent. Remember BAE are not the government but a private contractor. Its an interesting one even you must concede that.

On the subject of the bully watch yourself with him mate the folk I have had conversations with on this board through PMs all think he's a nasty piece of work.

See you just don't know what will happen in the future Bodie. Its quite possible there will be another referendum and its also quite possible we could vote Yes this time. So indulge me for a minute. If we did vote for our Independence do you think the rUK would cancel the contract with BAE ? What would be the legal position on this ? And as BAE are saying there is NO proviso to end the contract if Scotland goes independent. Remember BAE are not the government but a private contractor. Its an interesting one even you must concede that.

On the subject of the bully watch yourself with him mate the folk I have had conversations with on this board through PMs all think he's a nasty piece of work.
    The UK government does not put sophisticated warships out to be built outwith the UK.

See if I ever got to the stage of discussing any anonymous forum with ANYONE.....that would tell me it's time to give it up

I could see the contract getting cancelled if Scotland did get independence but I do t see that happening any time soon. How am I meant to know the legal side of such a contract ? Yes it is an interesting one I do concede that.

As for Noahrab I have no problem with him at all. I dont get what you mean to watch myself, it's an anonymous Internet forum

I could see the contract getting cancelled if Scotland did get independence but I do t see that happening any time soon. How am I meant to know the legal side of such a contract ? Yes it is an interesting one I do concede that.
    Well Bodie I'm possibly coming round to your view on this issue. I think the British Gov are laying a minefield on this one and come Indyref2 they will use this as a threat to withdraw this contract if there is a Yes vote. If this is the case its a great shame to use the work force as a bargaining chip. There is absolutely no reason these ships cannot be built in Scotland even if we are Independent there is no better place in the UK for this sort of job. I hope the Scottish Gov will negate this with a cast iron guarantee that an Independent Scotland will foot the bill to complete the Frigates. This can be done using the costed defence budget of 2 % GDP as per the White Paper Scotlands Future. These frigates might be more than the requirements of an Independent Scotland (but bear in mind our huge coastline, strategic location and commitment to NATO) if so, some could be sold to recover the outlay.

Im sure wit5hin the workforce on the Clyde there are many who believe in Independence but actually voted No to protect their futures I hope these guys look at ALL the options come Indyre2. Remember the Tories have already betrayed them on this contract cutting it from 13 to 8 ships and they may well betray them again. I personally don't trust the Tories as far as I can throw them..there's no reason the shipyard worker should trust them either.

Very true Noahrab, The SNP and their freedom fighter followers would not be happy if the uk government gave Scotland's workers hundreds of thousands of jobs. They would still find fault with it as all they care about is independence at any cost to Scotland and its people
    Absolute rubbish,of course everybody's over the moon about all these new jobs for Scottish workers,but pardon me for being a bit cynical about a Government that more or less let the "BRITISH" Steel industry die but are prepared to plough millions into a Japanese car manufacturer.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)