+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Poor, clueless, woeful

We have a good squad of players and SD is failing to get them to play consistently to their potential. It is because of the quality in the squad that SD is able to keep them in the top half of the table despite his own tactical ineptitude. I would like him replaced by someone from outside the club. Whoever is brought in will have no illusions about the constraints that lack of money brings. I cannot imagine the Board giving false promises about funds being available.

Quote Originally Posted by Furberstreet View Post
    We have a good squad of players and SD is failing to get them to play consistently to their potential. It is because of the quality in the squad that SD is able to keep them in the top half of the table despite his own tactical ineptitude. I would like him replaced by someone from outside the club. Whoever is brought in will have no illusions about the constraints that lack of money brings. I cannot imagine the Board giving false promises about funds being available.
    Some good posts and opinions in their folks - keep it coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Furberstreet View Post
    It is because of the quality in the squad that SD is able to keep them in the top half of the table despite his own tactical ineptitude.

I tend to think the opposite.
    From what I have seen this year, I actually agree with a previous observation that we are an average side in an average league - so to be 7th at the start of November and still in the FA Cup (unusual) I don't think you can consider that as under achieving.
    Sure we have some good (not great) players - Cooper and Jones I would put in that bracket - but even those two don't compare with each other. Cooper is a rough diamond, with more emphasis on "diamond" and less on "rough" in recent weeks. He has to be one of the first names on the teamsheet at the minute. He's no Nick Powell but he does still give us our X factor.
    I still firmly believe Jones is a captain in waiting, a natural progression from captaining the youth team but his passing still needs to improve if he is to become a fixture in central midfield. Lots of promise coupled with lots of improvement.

And that's our best players (in my view). So where does that leave the rest?
    Honest professionals combined with untapped potential that only experience will enhance.
    To me that adds up to an average team. Doesn't mean we will stay that way but that's where we are right now.

The big question for many is - who is to blame for that?
    But is that even the *right* question?
    All comes down to expectations I guess.

Lowe off injured and could be out for Sat.....

Why is he playing in the Checkafraud?

Also we started the season relatively aggressively so why are we reverting to the ponderous stuff of last season?
    And....where has Kiwomya gone -is it the same guy?

Well one win in ten at any club is beyond poor. One poster stated that this season the management has stabilised the team. Really what world is he living in? We may be in the top half of the league but honestly the tactics of our team are absurd. It is all based on zonal positions for ALL of the team. If that is the case I have to say that our opponents are being so unfair to us. They are not playing in the zones that we want them too. Shame on them.

I have heard that our current tactics are based on James Collins coaching Hopefully be able to confirm this by next week. A number of supporters have heard the same. We really are an original club. No other club in the whole of Europe would adapt such a system.

Please Steve Davis change these absurd tactics for your own good. I would guess you only have 4-5 games to turn it round.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12