+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Update on New Training Ground and Stadium Expansion Please

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Just to be pedantic on number 3, it's English Heritage that's stopping progress there.

If you want some revenge then object to their plans to build a visitor centre at Clifford's Tower in York. Two can play the silly nimby game.
    Pedantic only works when youre putting things right Grist.

That visitors centre doesn't look bad but is it right?

I suspect that TS would be wiser spending money on footy defences rather than flood defences in the next year or so although, I suppose, a flooded pitch might help stop the ball going into our net.

As regard stadium expansion, there will be no point when home gates are down to 4-5000 in league 1 and the away end is averaging 3 taxi loads over the season.

Extension waste of time ATM , if the players don't buck up the fans will disappear (5yr ticket holders up for renewal , how many will?)

Concentrate on training ground and extra fitness staff

The recent news about RU Estates not having the money to complete the flood defence works suggests that there is no real available money across the network of companies that make up the RUFC "family"
    Can only get worse if we go down, lower revenue but still stuck with high earner wage bills.
    Can't see much changing to be honest

Have English Heritage said what their plan is for the Guest & Chrimes site and how they would fund it?
    No? Thought not.
    They're just another one of those organisations that delight in putting obstacles in the way of progress.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Have English Heritage said what their plan is for the Guest & Chrimes site and how they would fund it?
    No? Thought not.
    They're just another one of those organisations that delight in putting obstacles in the way of progress.

Lets all support Man City now.
    Sorry....
    Knew this would happen eventually..and its only gonna get worse,gonna be quite nasty i reckon.
    And thats coming from a glass 1/2 full bloke.

You might be a tad right the vespabri.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm fairly certain Rotherham Council can overrule English Heritage should they so wish. And there's the question. Do they want to??

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm fairly certain Rotherham Council can overrule English Heritage should they so wish. And there's the question. Do they want to??
    Rothbiz would be the one to answer that one Timber. I would be surprised to be honest. They are a law unto themselves and sometimes for the good but often they are completely out of touch. I am in the minority when I say that I think that the front of the building should be saved but I'm definitely in the majority when I say that this whole saga has gone on too long and it only benefits them and their sad grey authoritarian attitude!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast