+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Irn Bru Cup Quarter Final - Qos v Alloa

Irn Bru Cup Quarter Final - Qos v Alloa

After that going over , there were of course a couple of plus points and that was the return of Lyle and Hamill. This will let Brownlie go in beside Dowie , Hamill go to right back and I bet we are far tighter at the back now. Higgins is a very good servant to Queens and gives his all but he is a limited footballer and should surely be on the bench if the others are fit. Lyle was so far off the pace on Saturday but he simply needs games to get back sharpness and should start against Alloa. This will be nothing less than a very hard match against a team who have won four games away, losing one ( albeit in the league below) and coming off the back of a 4-1 win. This is a GOLDEN chance for Queens to get to a domestic semi final with a though. A hard core crowd of only around 1500 will be there but I am very much looking forward for us to get through and get a break from the league for a week . Stick with it , things will get better !
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 06-11-2016 at 09:44 PM.

I'm not sure I agree with your 1500 crowd on Saturday JR.

If its sunny we might get 1250, - if its wet and cold 1000 would be a good gate.
    Last edited by jardi; 07-11-2016 at 08:55 AM. Reason: internet issues

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    I'm not sure I agree with your 1500 crowd on Saturday JR.

If its sunny we might get 1250, - if its wet and cold 1000 would be a good gate.
    Let's talk the game up anyway. As I said, am expecting us to start tightening up at the back as the defence that served us so well earlier starts to come together again. Brotherston for Anderson for me as well. Let's get the local boy match hardened for the future .

We'll be lucky , very lucky if there's 1500 there . Maybe 1100 because of current form and the admission price . I know it's still reasonable cheap but just look at Albion Rovers who are only charging £10 for our visit in the Scottish Cup on November 26th

As for the game , I've no confidence that'll we'll get a win but am praying we do

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)