Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
Apart from investing heavily in new players, Queens must make the best use of their existing squad. One major way of improving fitness, boosting confidence and sharpness is to bring in double training sessions.

This sounds drastic, but any full time player should be capable of the following brief example:

1) A decent, 2 hour morning work-out based on fitness with a lot of ball work.
2) A relaxing, healthy lunch, where the players interact and discuss aspects of the morning session.
3) A combined afternoon session of 1.5 hours which involves the defence and the attack; 3 against 1, 2 against 1, 4 against 2. etc. etc. - this will concentrate on problem areas all over the park.
4) One touch passing using the channels ending in attacker v keeper scenarios, - i.e. 1 on 1.
5) Shooting practice at both ends of the ground involving 2 keepers.
6) A 15 minute game of one touch football over half the pitch.
7) A cool down and stretch with plenty of banter to increase confidence.

So a working day of 3.5 hours that's all. How many of the supporters work just 3.5 hours a day?

There are 1000's of potential ways of solving Queens goal drought, defensive frailties and psychological anxiety, - and I'm sure some of our supporters will be happy to offer their tuppence worth, - however the status quo is not working and simply continuing with the same training regime is not an option.

Andy Murray did not become the World's Number One by sitting on his arse, - his mother kicked it for the first 20 years of his life, - and since then he has changed and honed his training regime to make him the best.

I'm sorry if players don't like the prospect of an extra 1.5 hours a day training, but until they start producing the goods, - then that's the very, very least that they can give their supporters.
Jardi, modern football clubs use technology such as GPS and heart rate monitors to optimise their training schedule. Sports Science plays a massive part in how players are used both during training and games. I know a little of how training is organised at AFCW and it is a complex, costly operation where additional funds are always needed. I'm not sure how a club like Queens goes about its business in such matters, but I'm thinking they try and keep as up to date as possible and it's a bit more scientific than a few extra hours a day etc.

Anyway, with last nights news, how about throwing your hat into the ring for the manager's job? You and JT could be thedream team. Hope you are well my friend.