+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Strong rumours that Skelton is sacked

Maybe Jardi's hint a few weeks back of issues off the park was correct all along

I am always sad to see a manager lose his job. Football management is stressful and crazy. I was very happy to have a career in a secure job. Wish him well and hope "the personal reasons" resolve themselves.
    As for Queens, it's a bit of a mess. I didn't see this coming.

He came across as a good guy, but perhaps too good. It didn't really come as a surprise, as I did not think he would last the season, but Queens are now in a critical position and must get the next manager correct or the situation will drift back to the days of old.

Very disappointed. I thought he was doing pretty well given the limited resources and

injuries.

The untouchables J&V have Hewitson eating out their hands . Is it any wonder our budget is so small with what them pair earn between them
    I feel sorry for the decent guys like Patterson , Blount and Skelton . Pretty much sounds like the fans are going to vote with their feet if the TRUTH isn't told

No idea what the truth is but JT was a good servant to the club but he should be nowhere near the dugout imo.

That'll be the good servant who left Queens for fellow Division 2 side Arbroath back in 1999 . The following season Queens would of been relegated if Hamiltom hadn't been deducted 15 points

I am really saddened by the sudden departure of Gavin Skelton. He had all the qualities and the passion, - but something died just before the Morton game and maybe in time we will get to find out?

Watching Gav's body language in the games before Morton, he was always on the touchline egging them on. I remember commenting on his exuberance against Stenhousemuir, - the team were 3-0 up and he was still demanding more.

Something happened after (although possibly before) the Linford match and we the fans paid the price against Morton, - because all the players apart from young Dykes refused to perform that day.

~
    This sudden departure also explains big JT's frustration and outburst on Saturday. Whatever the bust up has been we might never know, but a married couple can keep their problems inside their own four walls, but the management team are in the public domain and all 2300 odd fans could see there was an issue on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919 View Post
    That'll be the good servant who left Queens for fellow Division 2 side Arbroath back in 1999 . The following season Queens would of been relegated if Hamiltom hadn't been deducted 15 points
    Well said arrol1919. Thomson was a professional footballer who sold his services to the highest bidder, as do most footballers. I have absolutely problem with that but please do spare me the sentimental claptrap about loyal servant etc.

To be quite frank I am not surprised as his position was rapidly becoming unattainable. I was a bit surprised at his appointment and a few hollow wins at the beginning of the season fooled us all. I am also of the opinion that we were making the opposition look better than they were. Skelton must have been under tremedous pressure and took the correct route and walked.

A strong hand is now needed at the helm and to hell with fancy football let's get solid at the back and grind out a few results or else we will be joining the Cleyholers etc next season.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)