+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Strong rumours that Skelton is sacked

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Been speaking to a few people and can tell you all that Skelton was 100% NOT sacked. This is the truth lads although I don't know any more . I think there will be a further statement coming sooner or later.
    His wife has just had a baby. He has a long commute to get to training and matches. I suspect that these factors may have come into play.

Good luck to him, he came across as committed and totally professional in his interviews and the team's early season form proved many wrong who thought he was not the right man for the job.

Well, a new baby in the house is no cakewalk. Along with the travelling , it could well be that Skelton was feeling the strain as results nosedived. A team like Queens has not got an unlimited amount of resources to bring extra players in ( ie extra wages) and maybe he felt he couldn't get out of this rut with what he had at his disposal. Things will be clearer soon.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Been speaking to a few people and can tell you all that Skelton was 100% NOT sacked. This is the truth lads although I don't know any more . I think there will be a further statement coming sooner or later.
    Like you, JRS, I am not privy to what went on behind closed doors but few managers are actually sacked. Most leave "by mutual consent" which usually means jumped before pushed but which also allows both the club and the departing manager to save face.

Cresswell, you are perfectly correct to suggest that the term "mutual consent" is used to save face, - however, I am firmly of the opinion that this is an out of the blue decision - that looks as though it has been praying on the lads mind for some time.

It now provides a perfectly acceptable explanation for the dip in form, and it is simply down to psychology. In football, if the manager is not firing on all cylinders, then it rubs off on the players and hence we have gone from hero to zero in a few short weeks.

Questions need to be asked about the current board. What are their plans for the future? Can we sustain full time football on our budget? Thomson shouldn't be assistant manager never mind caretaker. All that BS when Fowler left and they were supposedly looking for a replacement when players were signing on in the background, do they think our heads have buttons?

Some of the comments I have heard slating Hewitson and Thomson are ridiculous when people don't know the facts. Let's wait for the story to unfold a bit before jumping to your own conclusions.

Some extraordinary responses on facebook from people I know that hardly go to Palmerston but are acting all artificially enraged about this . Maybe if they attended games and paid their money , I might have more respect for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Para Handy View Post
    Questions need to be asked about the current board. What are their plans for the future? Can we sustain full time football on our budget? Thomson shouldn't be assistant manager never mind caretaker. All that BS when Fowler left and they were supposedly looking for a replacement when players were signing on in the background, do they think our heads have buttons?

We have been full time for what? 10 years now? We are in the black so why on earth would anyone need to bring up the part time subject just because a manager has departed? No one was moaning about the club a few weeks ago when we were top if the division!

Yes the bod like to keep their cards close to their chest but look at all the good which has been achieved. We are actually run like a business now rather than a shambles.

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    We have been full time for what? 10 years now? We are in the black so why on earth would anyone need to bring up the part time subject just because a manager has departed? No one was moaning about the club a few weeks ago when we were top if the division!

Yes the bod like to keep their cards close to their chest but look at all the good which has been achieved. We are actually run like a business now rather than a shambles.
    We are in free fall now and could be knocked out of 2 cups if we don't get a decent manager in soon. What is the target for this season as all we heard last season was top 4 which I thought was unreasonable and possibly made Fowler over cautious. We have been full time for years but are still nowhere near the top division.

Para Handy, - you sound like a nasty little man, but perhaps I am completely mistaken and you did not mean to write what you have?

It is clear that Gavin Skelton has chosen to vacate his position for personal reasons and we should all be gracious enough to accept that, - even though his departure has left a gaping hole in our beloved club - for the moment.

Given that you suggest that your head is not full of buttons and the present BOD is completely incompetent, perhaps you might like to construct a business plan and five year strategy for Queen of the South? I look forward to seeing your plans as I'm sure will the rest of the Queens Mad posters.

If elements of your plan are sound, it may even be adopted by the BOD.

Now is your big opportunity to prove your credentials.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)