+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Joey Barton latest

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdomred View Post
    A one game ban for 44 counts of breaking the rules on betting. Doesnt seem to have been fined either.
    What the hell was the point in that? Did that pond life Ian Black not get a 6 or 7 game ban for the same charge?
    I know he will never play in Scotland again, but why have rules on this if its gonna be dealt with by what amounts to a slap on the wrist. SFA proving once more that they are a joke.
    They're only a joke in the sense they have this rule in place in the first place.
    The only stipulation should be you can't bet in matches within your division
    Who gives a f uck if Barton was betting on Barcelona v Celtic?!
    Ian Black deserved to be hammered as he bet against his own team FFS....and then scored the goal that defeated his bet!

Banned from football for 18 months and fined £30k by the guffy FA for betting offences .....ouch!!

Quote Originally Posted by medw1311 View Post
    Banned from football for 18 months and fined £30k by the guffy FA for betting offences .....ouch!!
    Oh Ma Sides

"The midfielder bet on some matches in which he played but he stressed in a statement on his website that "this is not match fixing" and that at "no point in any of this is my integrity in question""

Hes also said if it was anyone else the ban wouldn't be so severe.

Aye Joey min, your being picked on. For a ban that big it must have involved his own team

One of the big differneces between Scottish & English football is that they have proper rules down there and they enforce them properly. There is no funny handshake jiggery pokery like up here, an English club that cheated like old Rangers would have been absolutely hammered.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Hes also said if it was anyone else the ban wouldn't be so severe.

Aye Joey min, your being picked on. For a ban that big it must have involved his own team
    Apparently he was offered a 4 year ban but he decided to cash out at 18 months.........

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    , an English club that cheated like old Rangers would have been absolutely hammered.
    English, Dutch, Portuguese, Spanish, French, Croatian, Belgian and so on and so on

Even Italian clubs would get hammered, and they are world champions at jiggery pokery. They even relegated Juventus for cheating.

You've got to laugh at parts of his statement, if not at the whole thing.

"I have fought addiction to gambling and provided the FA with a medical report about my problem. I'm disappointed it wasn't taken into proper consideration."

I'm guessing he handed in a medical report after he was caught instead of seeking help for his massive "problem" beforehand.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast